What is the process Quicken uses to update ETF stock price?

Michael 49
Michael 49 Member ✭✭✭

Quicken Deluxe - version R45.18; Build 27.1.45.18; edition Canada; Windows 11 Home
Browser: Firefox version 111.0 (64-bit)
Windows 11 Home Version: 21H2

From what I can see ETF stock prices may take a couple of business days to show up in Quicken but do not always get updated correctly. I've noticed in 'price history', values posted for 'price' and 'volume, but with 0 in 'high' and 'low' after one-step-update is run. If the item is deleted and 'update historical price for the past 5 days' is run, the ETF may be updated with new values in 'price', 'high', 'low' and 'volume'. However if one-step-update is run again, the 'high' and 'low' prices return to 0. Also, if today's quote shows activity, but yesterday's values were 0, they do not get corrected during one-step-update. i'm losing trust in the accuracy of Quicken quoting of ETFs (and mututal funds for that metter)

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Please list the ticker codes for a couple of the ETFs that are giving you an issue and I'll see if I can replicate it.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭

it is my understanding that QUicken gets the prices from its aggregator, Intuit.

But frankly, i''ve never had a problem with the prices downloaded. They are always the same as any otherwebsite has (e,g, yahoom goggle, etc.)

please post the ticker of a few of your issues.

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭

Aggregator services (for transaction downloads) are provided by Intuit. I believe security quotes are provided by other services providers. Regardless, I haven't observed the problem noted by the OP, hence why I asked for examples of the ETFs for which problems have been enountered.

I've included a screenshot of my price history for ETF XEF-T. Looks fine to me.

This discussion has been closed.