Fidelity NetBenefits (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@DynamiteD

This is exactly what I see in the OFX data I receive from Fidelity as well. For the one mutual fund (which I believe is employer-specific in some way), the OFX data shows an empty <UNIQUEID> element in the data. Looking back thru Quicken's OFX Log, I can see that the CUSIP was present in the OFX up through 3/7, but all OFX files after that point have an empty UNIQUEID for this one fund.

More specifically, here is the <SECID> element for this mutual fund prior to March 7:

<SECID><UNIQUEID>TD8R<UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>

After March 7, the same security now comes with the following <SECID>:<SECID><UNIQUEID><UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP</SECID>I also noticed that there's an <FIID> element for each security, which presumably is meant for the financial insitution's own internal unique ID. That also used to be populated with "TD8R" for this fund but is now empty. So, Fidelity has simply stopped transmitting any unique identifier for this security.This is a pretty severe, breaking change on Fidelity's part, and Quicken's choices for working around this (in absence of a fix from Fidelity) are limited and potentially brittle. Our best hope is that Quicken can convince Fidelity to revert to the prior behavior, although, as has been pointed out, Fidelity is likely slow-moving given their size and potential impact of any change.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Fidelity's fault or not, Quicken is charging for a service that is not being provided, and virtually no regular or meaningful communication makes it that much more frustrating. By many on this thread, users are basically forced to do their own troubleshooting. Fidelity Tech Support said approx 25-30% of their customers are affected!
  • tivolo
    tivolo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@DynamiteD

Looking thru Quicken's OFX Log, I can see that Fidelity stopped transmitting the CUSIP for one of my mutual funds on Mar 8. Prior to that date, the <SECID> data for all securities was populated with the CUSIP (in the <UNIQUEID> element), but after that date, the <UNIQUEID> element is empty for this fund.

This is a severe, breaking change on Fidelity's part, and in absence of a fix from Fidelity, it will be challenging for Quicken to work around this in a reliable way. Our best hope is that this defect is impacting many other consumers of Fidelity's OFX data so they feel some urgency in getting it resolved.

I do share everyone else's frustration that Quicken isn't more transparent about the root cause of this issue or the progress of any communications they are having with Fidelity. Quicken would likely build a bit of goodwill if we all knew they were pushing Fidelity hard for a fix or could relay any info they get from Fidelity around an ETA for a resolution.

• wmisson
    wmisson Member
    Options

I am Having the same issue with Fidelity NetBenefits

• MikeBR
    MikeBR Member
    Options

Why no response from quicken

• MDD
    MDD Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to list of impacted customers… Called Fidelity Net Benefits help line, asked the automated system for help with "Quicken Technical Support" and got put through to an agents whose first question was "What's a Quicken?". Needless to say the call went downhill quite quickly from there….

• WINKLDL1
    WINKLDL1 Member ✭✭
    Options
    to answer your question MikeBR .... because Quicken sucks now! Ever since Intuit sold and they went to a subscription service, the program has been nothing but a constant error, update, repeat program. I routinely have missing transactions, incorrect balances, etc after updates.
  • DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options
    When calling Fidelity, need to keep working to 'Tech Support' and (after numerous transfers and wait times) get the "We are aware of the OL-220 error, we've escalated the issue, we're in touch with Quicken, but have no estimated resolution date". Two (2) weeks into this, not sure what 'escalated' means. Basically same non-answer from Quicken support. In the mean time, Fidelity gets their fees on investments and Quicken gets it's subscription fees....
  • Nickhull
    Nickhull Member ✭✭
    Options
    The issue is still not resolved. SECID Missing Tag: TAG UNKNOWN
  • Actuary4224
    Actuary4224 Member
    Options

I have been having the same Fidelity NetBenefits - OL-220 problem since 3/8/2023. Every time I open or close Quicken it asks if I want to resolve the error. Of course it doesn't resolve the error no matter what I do.

I would think that 2 large technology companies could get together in less than 9 days and figure out how to address this. But I guess it's just easier to point the finger at the other guy than to take any responsibility for fixing the problem. Shame on you both.

• evilknieval
    evilknieval Member ✭✭
    Options
    I've had this error for days now as well. Quicken, what's the ETA on the fix?
  • Bellinghamster
    Bellinghamster Member ✭✭
    Options

Quiken, please update the community on the OL-220-A error with Fidelity NetBenefits!

• Howard Hoffman
    Howard Hoffman Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please update. Error OL-220-A persist
  • jsds241
    jsds241 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Same issue, started 3/8. I have 2 Fidelity NetBenefits accounts, one works, one fails with OL-220. I have another Fidelity account (not NetBenefits) that still works.
  • HerdFan
    HerdFan Member
    Options

The last successful download from Fidelity NetBenefits was on 3/7/2023. Since then I have been getting an OL-220-A error message. The downloads from Fidelity Investments have not been affected. It is now 3/17/2023, 10 days and still no fix. What is going on. You can't tell me it takes 10 days to fix something that was once working. Undo whatever was done to make it stop working.

• MDD
    MDD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Seems like Fidelity may be to 'blame'.. https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/default/resourceslibrary_redesign/articles/datasecurity . Sounds like they may have tried to tighten up access (not a bad thing) without doing efffective testing, or failing to communicate and co-ordinate with affected third parties (REALLY bad thing)

If you click around on the link above, you will find references to something referred to as "Fidelity Access". When you get to the Fidelity access page for your account you will see a message "Your account information: There are no third-party apps, tools, and/or websites who you've authorized Fidelity to share your account data with through Fidelity Access℠." which seems to hint at the root cause of the issue. However, I will be dammed if I can find anyway to grant access to a third party using the fidelity website....
  • jmr407
    jmr407 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I guess we are all the the same sinking ship. Would be nice to find out if the issue is actively being addressed. Does not seem to be any updates from tech support other than I am sorry
  • S-online
    S-online Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Continued problem. When troubleshooting from Quicken software, I noticed Quicken directs to https://nb.fidelity.com/public/nb/401k/home

The landing page for this url states; "Changes are coming. You may notice some changes as we get ready to launch our new website. You can still log in and access your benefits." This might be part of the problem. Frustrating it's dragging out.
  • psolera
    psolera Member ✭✭
    Options
    I'm having the same issue with Netbenefits and found the same message as ou812 after logging into my account. Quicken needs to resolve this issue asap and needs to keep the User Community informed regarding the status of the fix.
  • Vesparado
    Vesparado Member ✭✭
    Options

Having same netbenefits problem with quicken for mac and it started the same time frame as others (~3/8/2023). One thing I tried was to start a new data file to see if perhaps something was wrong with my file locally. Made connection with Fidelity Netbenefits but only one of the two secuities i have in that account showed up in the new file. So much for my theory, but maybe it will help the quicken people to find out what's going wrong. I am downloading daily closing price from Fidelity positions page, but don't trust the numbers showing up in quicken.

• nicebikecheapcar
    Options

Ally and Fideliity net benefit downloads still broken.

Not a good look for quicken when their loading screen advertises the tight integration with Fidelity.

Please fix asap and push update.

• Smokey7422
    Smokey7422 Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I think I have an explanation. From a very trusted, high-level source at Fidelity, this is a payment issue. You see, some time ago Fidelity told providers like Quicken they weren't going to allow them to "scrape" their pages, and drive up Fidelity's costs (spike in IBM server use so Fidelity pays for that) without paying to use their APIs. I'm told Quicken hasn't paid and Fidelity has shut them down. For now.
  • fjsingel
    fjsingel Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options

Ok, so right now, the users have it narrowed down to 3 things:
    1) Fidelity stopped downloading CUSIPs for some securities (I think the ones that are custom to the 401ks, like their version of Fidelity ContraFund (FLCNX))
    2) Some security changes that have been not communicated very well between Fidelity and Quicken

3) Quicken not paying the Fidelity to use their APIs
    Here is the update from Quicken on 3/15

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Also having the sam problem with connecting to Fidelity NetBenefits

Been an issue since 3/7/2023

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options
    UPDATED 3/15/23 Fidelity NetBenefits - OL-220

MikeZNC Member ✭8:44AM

Also having the same problem with connecting to Fidelity NetBenefits

Been an issue since 3/7/2023

• Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    Options
    I KNEW it was a payment issue between Fidelity and Quicken. Like everything else, follow the money.

Oh, and when I logged onto NetBenefits website today and then logged off a SATISFACTION SURVEY popped up. Let's just say I couldn't find enough negative stars or negative comments to enter...
  • FLQuickenUser
    Options

Quicken the entity is not driving the scraping cost to Fidelity. I, as a paying Fidelity customer, am requesting that Quicken obtain my information on my behalf. Money grab by Fidelity.

• wkersey
    wkersey Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue with Fidelity NetBenefits downloading has been going on for what seems like months now, but probably only a few weeks.

Does Quicken have developers on staff that can fix this issue? My subscription is due April 15th. Can we all get a few free months due to this ongoing issue? I've been using Quicken since the mid-90s and now thinking about the many spreadsheet based options available.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    edited March 2023
    Options
    For the 2nd week in a row I'm going to have to enter my investment prices manually. Time to roll my Fidelity 401(k)s over to my Vanguard IRA?
  • abcherpa
    abcherpa Member
    Options

The same issue Fidelity NetBenefits - OL-220. Quicken technical support is unaware of it and yesterday wasted my time trying (again) to run me through traditional "online" reconfiguration. When trying to link to existing account Qucken told "can't do it and it was not my fault". Issue started on March 4th. Today is 18th. So technically, between 4th and 18th we are paying for product that, at least parcially, does not work. Good thing this team is not in charge of anything important.

This discussion has been closed.