Changing Column Order in a register (Q Mac)

Johnmonthrots
Johnmonthrots Member

I found where you can select which columns to view, however I haven't figured out how to move the order of those selected.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

Just drag the column headers in the register to the desired position. You have to customize each register individually, there's no way to change the column order on a bunch of registers simultaneously.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• cherylr
    cherylr Member

I'm having the same problem. After apparently a glitch using the touchpad the category column jumped to the far left. How do I select the column to drag it? I've tried clicking on the header, right-clicking on the header, etc. The thing that I can do is only change the width. I've gone to preferences—register and see that I can only add/delete and not change order. Thanks.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited March 2023

You don't "select" the column. You just put the cursor over the column header, press one finger down on the trackpad, and start dragging. Don't put the cursor near the edge of the column, put it somewhere in the middle of the header so you don't accidentally resize it instead. Take your finger off the trackpad when the column is where you want it.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

This discussion has been closed.