Stock Symbol in Register

Harry2
Harry2 Member ✭✭
I could have sworn an option was added to show stock symbol (ticker) in the transaction register. I am sure I set this option verified that the symbol did indeed appear. Was I hallucinating or has this option now been withdrawn?

Best Answer

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

The option is there in the investment register's gear menu. It applies to each register individually.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

Answers

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2023

I think that feature only applies in Portfolio View where it is added as the name, though I thought at one time it was appended to the name..not sure where that was though.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Answer ✓

The option is there in the investment register's gear menu. It applies to each register individually.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, could not find it.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

• Harry2
    Harry2 Member ✭✭
    Thank you. I must have spent many hours trying to figure out this sort of thing. We need an AI that can help with half assed instructions instead of useless things like writing school essays, in view of the total absence of the traditional (like IBM 360) user manuals of the 1970's. Still doesn't explain why what I must have once set (I couldn't find any of my investment accounts that still had this). Perhaps I had to restore from backup due to a download SNAFU right after I originally set it for one of my accounts. At least I can worry less about memory loss now. I have added it back to BOTH the accounts that would benefit anyway, so I will see if it is still there tomorrow!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited March 2023

lWell, that gear menu has grown far too large. IIRC, we originaly used to say 7±2 items in a menu, similar to the general thinking of short-term memory retention. This menu is triple that. We really have to read slowly down the menu to find anything. Let us know if it stays or goes tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.