Web Connect Import Shows 0 Transactions

System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Importing data from my account.

Comments

• Nils
    Nils Member ✭✭

I tried importing QFX data into my accounts and Quicken says O records updated on both. Was there a Quicken updatethat messed things up as this did not happen a few days ago

• Hello @Nils,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you import a .QFX into Quicken and it says 0 records updated, there are a few troubleshooting steps:

1. Are there posted transactions in that bank account that have not yet shown up in your Quicken? Pending transactions will not download until they post.
    2. Check the file size to make sure its not an empty file. If it shows 0KB for the file size, its an empty file. If it is an empty file, that is not something Quicken can fix; you would need to reach out to the financial institution.
    3. Try having that file download as a new account rather than download into an existing account. If it pulls in transactions, check to see if they're the ones that should have downloaded or if they're duplicates of what you already have in your account. To download the file as a new account, follow these steps:
      1. Backup your file.
      2. Go to Tools>Account List.
      3. Click on the Edit button next to the account the file usually downloads into.
      4. Click on the Online Services tab.
      5. Click on the Deactivate button. You may get confirmation pop-ups; if you do, choose the appropriate responses. Note: If you have transactions that haven't been accepted yet, it won't let you deactivate the account until those transactions are accepted.
      6. Once the account is deactivated, import the .QFX file into Quicken.
      7. You should get a dialogue box asking if you want to add a new account or link to the existing account. Choose to add as new.
    4. If the problem persists when downloading into the new account, it is likely a problem with the .QFX file itself. If the financial institution gives you the option, try generating a .QFX with a slightly different date range to see if that resolves the issue. If it does not, you would need to reach out to the financial institution for assistance.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• nhmartens
    nhmartens Member ✭✭
    I think you missed the point. I don't get a message that '0 records updated'. I get one transaction in the 'accept cleared transactions into register' window pane. But the QFX file (see attachment) contains a second transaction that does not appear in the pane. Why? If it's in the QFX file shouldn't Quicken see it?

Thank you.
  • Thank you for your reply,

I was responding to someone else's question. In your case, Quicken should see transactions in the file, but if it thinks those transactions have already been downloaded, then it usually does not download them again.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.