Transactions stopped showing up in register after update- Help!

After an update, the accounts from one of my brokerages show the # of new transactions downloaded but the transactions do not show up in the account to accept into the register. Any Help?? I log out of quicken and back on and I have deleted and restarted the online feed with the brokerage. Neither helped.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Are any transactions showing up for Vanguard in Tools > Online Center?

Have you tried restoring a backup file from just before this issue started and then tried running OSU to see if the missing transactions are downloaded?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R54.16 on Windows 11)

Answers

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

BTW: My other brokerages download transactions just fine.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 2023

By "after an update" are you referring to a Quicken version update or are you referring to One Step Update?

Also, which version of Quicken are you running? (Help > About Quicken)

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

I am referring to One Step Update. and I'm running R48.15

• Boatnmaniac

Which brokerage is this issue with?

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

Vanguard.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

can you see previous transactions in the Register …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

Yes, everything else looks to be the same. Just the new transactions. Again the new transactions are acknowledged after the One Step Update. They just don't show up in the register so I can match them or change them. I've had some similar problems(I'm not sure if these were just Vanguard Accounts, However.)in the past. I had to log off the QB and restart. then the transactions would show up in the register.

• Boatnmaniac

What do you mean by "log off the QB"?

And have you tried that this time and do the transactions then show up in the register?

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

I mean I would just hit file then exit. (I said QB but I meant Quicken.) Then I would restart Quicken. No, that does not help now. again I can do a one step update, the transactions are downloaded, Quicken acknowledges but they do not show up in the register for me to add.

• Boatnmaniac

Below the account register should be a tab on the left for "Downloaded Transactions". Is that section collapsed? If so, click on "Downloaded Transactions" to expand it. Do you see any of the downloaded transactions there?

Also, today I downloaded transactions from Fidelity. That "Downloaded Transactions" tab beneath the account register was expanded but there were no transactions there for review. I then clicked on "Downloaded Transactions" and all the transactions became visible for review and acceptance. I've never seen that happen before.

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

AS the above screenshots show, when I do the update on the Vanguard account it shows 3 accounts updated, 28 new transactions. Yet in the register, you can see it says 0 downloaded transactions. Same if I hit the down arrow.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓

Are any transactions showing up for Vanguard in Tools > Online Center?

Have you tried restoring a backup file from just before this issue started and then tried running OSU to see if the missing transactions are downloaded?

• BarryW
    BarryW Member

Thanks for all your input. I did not want to use a backup file (because I've had so many transactions since the backup)) but I did use a backup and all the accounts are again updating properly. Thanks again for your help.

This discussion has been closed.