Memorized Payee List is Empty ... sort of ... read on

Running Quicken Deluxe Version 48.15 Build 27.1.48.15 (Windows 11 Enterprise)

Here's the deal.
Tools -> MPL shows a totally empty Memorized Payee List. (You can also get here doing a CTRL-T)

But if I do the following
Tools -> Calendar -> Options -> Show Memorized Payee List
then all of the MPLs appear on a separate pane towards the right of the screen. I can scroll and see the Memorized Payee List entries (just the Payee, no details). But there is no option to either Edit or Delete ... which is what I really need to do.

So Quicken folks .. please tell me how how I can get to view my MPL .. Edit / Delete entries like I was always able to do so.

Clearly the MPLs are in there somewhere in the Quicken QDF data file because they can be viewed if we go the Tools->Cal->Options->Show MPL route. I bet this is a version dependent issue and hoping for an update that will fix this.

Comments

• S Krishna
    S Krishna Member ✭✭
    Update to my post .. and a potential solution .. I totally uninstalled Quicken, rebooted my computer. Then I download the latest Quicken.exe install file from the Quicken website and installed Quicken afresh on my computer. I had to go through the registration process all over again. To my pleasant surprise when I opened my QDF file and navigated Tools->MPL all my MPLs were there! My connections for transaction download to all of my banks somehow got reset so I had to reestablish those to get download transactions to work. But after these steps things appear to be working. I'll post again after a couple of days, if needed. But whatever caused this problem should be addressed by Quicken so that users don't have to waste time like I had to do!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible that this MPL Option was checked, perhaps by mistake?

• S Krishna
    S Krishna Member ✭✭
    I tried viewing both ways. locked items only checked and unchecked. Both cases MPLs were missing. With the total restore of the Quicken program as I have documented, I was able to restore the MPLs. It is entirely possible that some option got set that caused the MPLs to not display that subsequently got restored to a correct default. But I really cannot say one way or the other.
  • Willem
    Willem Member ✭✭
    My situation seems very similar to this. I can see the list when I go to calendar as described above. Also, I did have the 'View Locked Items Only' checked, but unchecking it didn't change anything. I have no idea why it was checked. I will try un-installing and re-installing again to see if that does anything.
  • Willem
    Willem Member ✭✭
    As a follow-up I tried un-installing and then re-installing Quicken. It didn't seem to change anything. I still can't see the Memorized Payee List.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like my shot in the dark fizzled … 🙁

Now on to some troubleshooting.

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Mondo Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• S Krishna
    S Krishna Member ✭✭
    > @Willem said:
    > As a follow-up I tried un-installing and then re-installing Quicken. It didn't seem to change anything. I still can't see the Memorized Payee List.

Sorry to hear you are still unable to view your MPLs. My uninstall / reinstall of the Quicken program as a "fix" to this problem seems to be holding and I can continue to view my MPLs. After my uninstall I did reboot my computer before doing the re install. This is because Windows sometimes does some final clean up of uninstalled program that can only be done upon restart of the computer. I don't know if this will help you but I am sharing my experience in as great a detail as possible for you. I have been a Quicken user since 1988 when they released the program on a diskette on MSDOS. My QDF file is well over 1/4 Gig at this point! All the best of luck to you !
This discussion has been closed.