Red Flags many times do not go away.

Options
ArtS
ArtS Member ✭✭
For many years the little red flags often do not go away. This is especially annoying for accounts that are hidden on the account coloum as the whole "more accounts" has a flag too, in error. I currently have a red flag that has been displaying for an old account for over a year. I have tried turning off auto updates, as suggested, updating the account and verifing the file. I basically have to ignore the red flags as they are meaningless. Any ideas? Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Take a look in Tools>Online Center, Transactions tab to see if any pending transactions show up in the problem accounts.

In Preferences, do you have Sync turned on or Off. If On and you do not use the feature, Reset the cloud file without syncing first and then turn the feature off.

If Online Billers are set up in any of these problem accounts, make sure pending bill payments are not the source of the flag.

• ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for the response. No pending transactions. I use the mobile app so sync is on. I am sure this problem existed before I started using the mobile app. No pending bills and the current flagged account does is not used for bills.
  • markus1957
    Options

You said you turned off auto updates, did you mean Auto Accept? If not, turn off Auto Accept in Account Details for the account and see if the flagged transaction appears in the Compare to Register window, Downloaded Transactions tab in the problem account register.

Are you running the latest version of Quicken? For a while, Quicken was experimenting with downloading pending transactions and those would appear as phantom red flags. The latest version does not have that issue.

• ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Auto entry is off for the account that currently has a flag, I don't think I ever used that. I am running R48.15 build 27.1.48.15 and auto updates states that I have the latest version. Also, I tried deactivated auto download for the account but a message comes up that I have to accept all downloaded transaction of which there are none. Thanks.
  • markus1957
    Options

Try toggling the auto-entry option to ON. then check the register to see if it is there. If so delete it. Since it may be old, you might have to scroll back in time to see it. Then go back and turn auto-accept off.

• ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just toggling auto entry on and off several times did not help. However, I noticed that when I toggled auto entry on, the cursor went to one specific entry. So, I copied and pasted that entry with a different date, ie the next day, and then deleted the original entry. Success! I then changed the date on the copied entry to the correct day and all is well. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.