Paycheck and Bill Reminders Disappear

Options
Having problems with the paycheck and bill reminders disappearing on the due date if I don't get into the software the day before to enter it. This ends up being a real pain to try in get a "paycheck" entered after you missed the reminder.
Help!

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Here is another recent discussion on this same issue with a solution that worked for the person that posted about the issue.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Wesley S Patterson
    Options
    :)
    Thank you. Logging out/in seems to have at least got me one paycheck working. Let's see for the next one.
  • Wesley S Patterson
    Options
    > @mshiggins said:
    > Here is another recent discussion on this same issue with a solution that worked for the person that posted about the issue.

The suggested fix did not work. Still an issue. Always missing my paycheck reminder and now my auto loan payment reminder.
    Any suggestions appreciated. Almost ready to punt Quicken and build myself an Excel database.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    • Reboot Windows.
    • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Close the Data Log
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• Wesley S Patterson
    Options
    > @UKR said:
    > If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:
    > • Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    > • Reboot Windows.
    > • Validate and Supervalidate your Quicken data file.
    > • If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data
    >  
    > Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    > First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    > Validate: 
    > • Click File
    > • Select Validate and Repair File...
    > • Select Validate File
    > • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots". If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    > • Click OK
    > • Close the Data Log
    > • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    > • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    > Super Validate:
    > • Click File
    > • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    > • Select Supervalidate File
    > • Click OK
    > • Close the Data Log
    > • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    > • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I tried all of these with the exception of restoring a "back-up" and having to reenter months of transactions due to an issue which is clearly software related.
    Frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.