How do I download all my stock lots from Fidelity

Options

I recently deleted all my Fidelity accounts and reloaded them. The number of shares is correct, but my lot register for ant stock shows one or two lots from 2023. There are no lots from 2020, 2021, or 2022. Its as if they were all lumped into one lot date 1/1/23

Best Answer

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@thepepperking

"Next, how do I adjust the cost basis of these lots?"

What lots?

The basis for the lots in Quicken based on actual transactions downloaded should be correct. If you're able to "backfill" earlier transactions by use of a QFX file, those lots should also be correct. If you're referring to the Placeholders that are in the Transaction List then you can convert those to Adds and enter the basis manually.

It's just not clear what you're referring to here.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Options

The Financial Institution (FI) - Fidelity in this case - sets the limit as to how far back in time you can download actual transactions. A typical limit is something like 90 days, and that seems to be the case here with Fidelity. It sounds like you've downloaded actual purchases for some portion of 2023, and each of those purchases comprise a "lot", so you're able to see this detail, but not the lot detail before that.

Typically Quicken compares the number of shares of each security that it "knows abount", (i.e., actual transactions), to the number of shares for each security that the FI says you have in your account. If the two numbers don't agree Quicken will either ask you if you want to insert a Placeholder in the Transaction LIst to make the number equal, or will do it automatically, depending on how you have things set up.

So it appears that you have Placeholders for each security that brings the total number of share per Fidelity to Quicken's total, and in Quicken you only have the lot detail for some of the 2023 transactions.

Despite the fact that FIs do limit the time period for direct downloads into Quicken Accounts, some FIs do give you the ability to "backfill" missing data directly from their sitesusing QFX files. You might want to call Fidelity and see if that's available to you.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

why did you delete your Fidelity accounts and all the historical data that was there ?
    As mentioned by @Tom Young - you might be able to manually download some history.. but maybe not - this also messes up any Cost Basis, since you've also basically deleted that.
    Only other option is to Restore prior to your deleted accounts.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have a backup datafile from before you deleted the accounts?

• thepepperking
    thepepperking Member ✭✭
    Options

Next, how do I adjust the cost basis of these lots?

Thanks in advance.

• Tom Young
    Answer ✓
    Options

@thepepperking

"Next, how do I adjust the cost basis of these lots?"

What lots?

The basis for the lots in Quicken based on actual transactions downloaded should be correct. If you're able to "backfill" earlier transactions by use of a QFX file, those lots should also be correct. If you're referring to the Placeholders that are in the Transaction List then you can convert those to Adds and enter the basis manually.

It's just not clear what you're referring to here.

• thepepperking
    thepepperking Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you so much so far, how do I get my QFX files>
  • Tom Young
    edited April 2023
    Options

You'll need to ask Fidelity if they support that function. Some Financial Institutions do, some don't, and I don't have any Fidelity accounts in my file.

• thepepperking
    thepepperking Member ✭✭
    Options
    According to Fidelity, right now there is bad cooperation between Fidelity and Quicken. Fidelity is looking for a solution to be able to get QFX files available for Fidelity users. Fidelity did try to help me by doing the following in Quicken: Tools=>Online Center=>CTRL + Contact info=> drop down menu, select account=>Reset DT Start (enter a date that is 24 months ago. Fidelity sais I would have to do this for each account, and do it 7 or 8 times for each account, It did not work
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Deleting your accounts in Quicken was a mistake. Restore the most recent backup from before you did that and go forward from there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.