Goldman Sachs downloads now drop the 'Security' on Dividend Income transactions

Options
LB522
LB522 Member, Mac Beta Beta
edited May 2023 in Investing (Mac)

This is for Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management accounts.

GS recently depricated Quicken Connect via login/pw. They now require Direct Connect with tokenized login creds.  

Issue: 

Prior to upgrade, Dividend Income transactions previously passed the Security name in the transaction as well as the memo.

After upgrade, all Dividend Income transactions listed the Security name as "US DOLLAR". 

Since this is not a Reinvest Dividend transaction, it only affects the accuracy of Dividend Income reports going forward because unless this is changed back (or user manually changes the 'Security' to the correct payor), all future Dividend Income reports will list "US DOLLAR" as 'Security' for every transaction.

I will be manually changing the Security for each download because I like the accuracy of the data. Unless the Quicken team identifies a fix. Or the cause could be on the GS side in the way they send the data?

Comments

• Tgage
    Tgage Member
    Options

I'm seeing the same thing on my windows platform.

I also noticed that for dividend reinvestment, it no longer identifies the number of shares purchased with the reinvestment making it difficult to enter the transaction.

I also noticed that it did not download intest earned on 3/31/23. I found this while trying to reconcile between Goldman and Quicken.

• LB522
    Options

So…. now the question is…. who do we tell?

• Tgage
    Tgage Member
    Options

4/14/23 I Contacted the Goldman Sachs help desk today and sent an example of the problem. They replied today and they said that they will correct this problem in the next update in approximately 3-4 weeks. For now will need to manually change security name if you need it in the records.

• LB522
    Options

Excellent! Nice job. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.