Marcus by Goldman Sachs offers QFX download - but get errors

I see on the Marcus web site the Quicken and Quickbooks download options. I was able to download the file for my Quicken for Wndows installation but it would not import correctly into Quicken. I still receive error code 502. Progress I guess but dissapointing results. Anyone been able to get this to work?

Comments

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2023

I now get "Sorry. We encountered an error (it's not your fault)" , when attempting to set up the Marcus card for download. I get through the entire user id password and two-step authentication code sent to my phone, but then the above error message. Anyone get anything different?

• tfrer
    tfrer Member ✭✭

i used the download the other day and it worked fine. now i can no longer find the selection???

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭

Interesting. I still see the QFX selection for the Marcus credit card, but still get the same error message. Are you looking at a different type of Marcus account?

• jmoutlaw
    jmoutlaw Member ✭✭

Marcus Support states relationship with Quicken has ended. No explanation given. Quicken Support confirmed. I have been on Chat and Phone support with both companies. It is odd that no customer notifications were provided. Company must have just "flipped the switch".

• BigJon
    BigJon Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

I have encountered same challenge with Marcus by Goldman Sachs accounts. For years, it worked just fine downloading transactions from Savings accounts to Quicken. Today, I received Error message "It appears this account is at a bank that no longer supports downloading. You can resolve this by disconnecting to make this a manual account or set up the account at a new bank. (Error Code: 112)".

Marcus customer service just said "I apologize, we do not offer this service". I do not know of any workaround at this time (other than manual).

• jmoutlaw
    jmoutlaw Member ✭✭

I received a "call back" from Marcus this afternoon. They are committed to reestablishing connectivity with Quicken soon. They said the matter was related to software incompatabilty and account security concerns.

• cscheffold
    cscheffold Member

Looks like I'll be switching to a new bank. Thankfully only have one account there. Frustrating.

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭

Interesting. After a full year of promising Quicken downloads for my credit card account they are still having software and security issues? Sounds more like accountant and lawyer issues ;-).

• cscheffold
    cscheffold Member

FYI the above problem ("It appears this account is at a bank that no longer supports downloading") with Marcus savings accounts seems to have been fixed - you have to disconnect and reconnect the account, but downloads work again.

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭

Today I was able to get the QFX downloads for the Marcus credit card to work partially. By partially I mean some transactions imported fine and some did not. By reviewing the QFX file I noticed the tranactions are split between those posted by my card and those posted by my wife's card. The transactions posted to my card imported to the Quicken account, those posted to my wife's card did not; probably because the Account ID in the QFX file was different. This is shared account with only one bill and one balance, but the card numbers are different. Not sure how to get around this problem without editing the QFX file… Also by reading the help files on the Marcus web site it appears Goldman Sachs has not automated the connection from Quicken (Express Web Connect +) but require me to sign on to the Marcus web site and manually download the QFX file (Web Connect). I will continue testing to see if this problem can be fixed by me.

• njrulz13
    njrulz13 Member ✭✭

This is happening to me as well. I can download the transactions into Quicken from Marcus website (manually) but the issue is that instead of combining all the charges among users (my physical card, my wife's physical card and my virtual card charges) as a "single account", when you import the transactions, marcus splits them into separate accounts. Quicken cannot merge them when you try. This defeats the whole purposes of this. If they at least were able to combine them all into one account (which they technically are one account), I wouldn't mind having to download the transactions manually.

• Paul McMillin
    Paul McMillin Member ✭✭✭

Today after over one year of frustration One Step Update worked for my Marcus Credit card. For me this issue is closed. I hope you all have the same experience.

This discussion has been closed.