Empower 401K Downloads

Options
124»

Answers

• kcrannell
    kcrannell Member
    Options

Can't wait to migrate my 401k away from them at the first opportunity. High fees, poor tools, constant attempts to aggregate my accounts with them without resolving issues. No thank you. Reminds me of Ocwen mortgage…

• Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Found another bug. The link for Transaction History TYPE Distribution does not return anything. You get blank screen for a while, then "No results found". Every other TYPE of transaction history appears to work just fine. Sigh. Now I can't even manually enter all the transactions. Yeah, I contacted them. They suggest cleaning the browser cache. LOL.

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@eric -what transaction detail are you expecting beyond cash and taxes withheld? Am I missing something? that isn't available under Statements and Documents?

p.s. this isn't a QUicken issue

• Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I expect to see a list of securities sold, price, and amount to cover the distribution amount? There is not transaction level details in any statements or documents. Agreed that this is not a Quicken issue. This entire thread is not about a quicken issue. Just adding to Empower bashing.

• Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OK, I've found a work-around, sort of…if you can accept just the balance of the account, instead of transactions. I'm OK with that, for now, until the problem is fixed and QFX returns. I made a new account with Great-West IRA. It only supports "Simple Investment Tracking". My Empower login credentials work. I can only get the account balance, as Cash (!) . But, it'll do for now.

• Zack Howell
    Zack Howell Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Eric said:
    > OK, I've found a work-around, sort of…if you can accept just the balance of the account, instead of transactions. I'm OK with that, for now, until the problem is fixed and QFX returns. I made a new account with Great-West IRA. It only supports "Simple Investment Tracking". My Empower login credentials work. I can only get the account balance, as Cash (!) . But, it'll do for now.

Hi Eric, could you elaborate and/or share the details on how you did this? Did you actually create a new account with Great-West / Empower or did you just create a new account inside of Quicken? Thank you.
  • Eric
    Eric Member ✭✭✭
    Options

A new account within Quicken. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a few days - server refused to connect. So I have given up on that.

• Askew
    Askew Member ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Empower's Quicken QFX download is available again under Transaction History as of today (wasn't there yesterday). Works too, was able to download all the historical data I needed.
  • tjwo
    tjwo Member ✭✭
    Options
    Same here downloaded and updated my Empower account in Quicken. Confirmed Apr 24.
    Quicken Subscription R45.21Windows 11 Home 64-bit version 10.0.22621.963
  • sdl
    sdl Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was excited, but I did not see it available as of 1pm CT 4/24. I will hope it was maybe just avail for a few, and/or will migrate out further as positive feedback comes in from users. Crossing fingers.
  • Don Bartenstein
    Don Bartenstein Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sdl
    sdl Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks , but not there.
  • WRW60120
    WRW60120 Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, it appeared for me as well . . .

• Lee Rogers
    Lee Rogers Member
    Options

Hooray, works for me too

• Don Bartenstein
    Options

Was it a coincidence that, after I finished importing 5 months worth of Empower transactions via QFX, all of my One Step Update links had to be reset with Quicken's new authentication protocols….

• KAJDesign
    KAJDesign Member
    Options

my Q4 2022 statement downloaded just fine and matched. Anyone having problem with the Q1 2023 statement import? Looks like there are amounts defaulting to $0. As a result the import isn't matching my statement

• Don Bartenstein
    Options

Mine imported OK, but it fudged the price for 4/23 which I didn't notice right away and was wondering why I showed a -12K balance mismacth with the web site…. Spent an hour looking for missing transacitons until I noticed it.

• djtobin
    djtobin Member ✭✭
    Options
    The QFX link on Empower has returned for me as well.

For those running into issues with the balance not matching, the trick for me has been to go under the account settings in Quicken and check the box that says "Contains no cash transactions".
  • Don Bartenstein
    Options

In my case, I do have biweekly cash going into Empower from my paycheck. How would this switch affect that?

• AnPann
    AnPann Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Don Bartenstein said:
    > Was it a coincidence that, after I finished importing 5 months worth of Empower transactions via QFX, all of my One Step Update links had to be reset with Quicken's new authentication protocols….

I also had to redo some of my accounts even though I did not enable Empower again yet. So probably a coincidence.
  • DNelz
    DNelz Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @Don Bartenstein said:
    > In my case, I do have biweekly cash going into Empower from my paycheck. How would this switch affect that?

I enter a payment/deposit type transaction and call it Contribution for the amount from my paycheck to offset the cash buy transactions.
  • Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do the same thing

• Don Bartenstein
    Options

Ah, I do that as well. That's why I was wondering about the switch, as I had never played with it before.

This discussion has been closed.