PNC Bank Account Reauthorization Process

Options
bilnog
bilnog Member ✭✭
When I initiate the PNC Bank account reauthorization process, transactions from the last 45 days or so are downloaded. I have already downloaded these transactions and reconciled the account previously. If I accept these transactions my bank balance in Quicken increases significantly. The downloaded charges are significantly higher than the deposits included in this download, so I have no idea why my bank balance per Quicken increases.

Any suggestions what I am doing wrong? Thank you for any help you can give me.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another bunged transition for the early beta testers. First, you are not doing anything wrong. This PNC migration does not seem to have benefited from previous bank changeovers. I cannot comment on why 45 duplicated days is being included with your download, but I would suggest closing this file as is and restore your latest backup. After opening the file, the first thing you need to do is go to the very first entry in each PNC account register and enter the opening balance in the memo field. It is a known issue when Quicken downgrades to EWC/EWC+ the opening balance gets hosed. With the correct balance amount in the memo field you can correct the opening balance to what it was before.

Then as tedious as it is, you will need to delete the OSU download duplicates. With any luck, you should be able to reconcile as before.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with @GeoffG 's suggestion. But note that while restoring the back up file might resolve (or significantly reduce) the issues you are seeing there is also the possibility that it might end up being worse. If you have not already done so, you might want to read my post at PNC: Transitioning EWC to EWC+ within the next 1-2 months which lists the main EWC+ cut-in issues I experienced with PNC in 2 TEST files.

What I am doing (in prep for when DC will soon transition to EWC+) is to export all of my register transactions to an Excel file (or if you prefer, to a PDF file). I will repeat this every few days until the DC transition occurs. This will give you a complete account register record of all the transactions which could become very helpful should you experience any of the issues that I did in my TEST files.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bilnog - You are welcome. I'm really glad to hear that your restored backup presented less of an issue for you.

For what it's worth, I've run OSU in the TEST files with my PNC EWC+ accounts 3 times in the last two days and other than the initial transition issues everything seems to be working as it should. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue.

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Another bunged transition for the early beta testers. First, you are not doing anything wrong. This PNC migration does not seem to have benefited from previous bank changeovers. I cannot comment on why 45 duplicated days is being included with your download, but I would suggest closing this file as is and restore your latest backup. After opening the file, the first thing you need to do is go to the very first entry in each PNC account register and enter the opening balance in the memo field. It is a known issue when Quicken downgrades to EWC/EWC+ the opening balance gets hosed. With the correct balance amount in the memo field you can correct the opening balance to what it was before.

Then as tedious as it is, you will need to delete the OSU download duplicates. With any luck, you should be able to reconcile as before.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with @GeoffG 's suggestion. But note that while restoring the back up file might resolve (or significantly reduce) the issues you are seeing there is also the possibility that it might end up being worse. If you have not already done so, you might want to read my post at PNC: Transitioning EWC to EWC+ within the next 1-2 months which lists the main EWC+ cut-in issues I experienced with PNC in 2 TEST files.

What I am doing (in prep for when DC will soon transition to EWC+) is to export all of my register transactions to an Excel file (or if you prefer, to a PDF file). I will repeat this every few days until the DC transition occurs. This will give you a complete account register record of all the transactions which could become very helpful should you experience any of the issues that I did in my TEST files.

• bilnog
    bilnog Member ✭✭
    Options
    I will reply to both of your replies (GeoffG & Boatnmaniac) at the same time. First, thank you both.

Second, I have a very updated backup which has allowed to play with downloading transactions multiple times. Based on your responses I noted the beginning account balances from my good backup, then went thru PNC's reauthorization process. I was prepared to go thru the process of deleting the multiple duplicate entries, but to my astonishment with this download, there were only 6 duplicate entries between my two accounts. I added those entries, then deleted them, corrected the beginning balance on both accounts, and both accounts reconciled perfectly.

And third, the next test will be seeing what happens with my next download tomorrow. So far, so good!

I can't thank you both enough for your quick and very helpful responses.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bilnog - You are welcome. I'm really glad to hear that your restored backup presented less of an issue for you.

For what it's worth, I've run OSU in the TEST files with my PNC EWC+ accounts 3 times in the last two days and other than the initial transition issues everything seems to be working as it should. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will continue.

• bilnog
    bilnog Member ✭✭
    Options
    That's good news...fingers crossed for tomorrow and everyone having to deal with this.
This discussion has been closed.