Ongoing Citi CC-502 Error

Options
2»

Comments

• arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started having this issue yesterday. It has continued today. Reading this forum, it looks like an ongoing issue and Quicken does not have a fix.
  • desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Options
    This looks like it worked for me too. I did have to try several times during the 10 minute window. I got the 502 error once, a cannot connect error, and then it worked and it looks like my quicken is working consistently now.

> @JBH said:
    > What finally worked for me was…..Log into your Citi Account, click on Profile then in the dropdown click more settings, manage desktop apps, then click on add access. You will then have 10 minutes to go to Quicken, open your Citi account, click on the settings icon, then Online Services, and Reset your Account. Follow the instructions then make sure you link it to your existing account that is already in Quicken.
  • jcernobyl
    jcernobyl Member
    Options

Finally fixed for me as well, thanks TkPk.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Citi CC-502 started maybe a week ago for me and now happens EVERY day.

I run my first OSU of the day, then get the error. the second OSU seems to fix it doing nothing else. Then OK again until the next day.

Seems like a vaiation of the previous errors. Citi set to EWC. I do not belive Direct Connect works for Citi any longer. Correct me if it does. Bu tI think not and in which case the mods should never be freferring to that as a solution.

• bmwilder
    bmwilder Member
    Options

I followed JBH's instructions above but kept getting the message "Quicken cannot connect to Citibank". I then tried to create a new "Citibank" account with the same result. Then tried creating a new "Citi Cards" account (you have to search for it rather than clicking on the provided "Citibank" icon). SUCCESS!!! For some reason "Citi Cards" provided access to my account while "Citibank" would not (even though I set up the account in Quicken years ago as "Citibank" and only recently stopped downloading transactions).

Thanks JBH!

• Dee Crowell
    Dee Crowell Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

It's been a problem for months and you haven't fixed it?[Removed-Rant]

• Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    I"ve had the problem for months and do not plan to give Quicken another $100 for a program that does not work
  • Joe Vodraska
    Joe Vodraska Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also have a problem accessing my Morgan Stanley Account which MS states is a Quicken program problem. At this point Quicken is of no value to me.
  • TomC4
    TomC4 Member
    Options

Fixed. For many weeks I received the CC-502 error and hoped it would be resolved by Quicken.

In my case it was not a Quicken shortcoming, it was Citi's enhanced security that requires you to login to your Citi account and instruct Citi to open access to your account to Quicken.

I followed (stumbled) through instructions to get Citi to allow Quicken access to my Citi Costco Visa card. You have ten minutes to authorize future web (Quicken) access and initiate the download. Before doing that, in Quicken you have to clear all downloaded transactions. Make sure Quicken has your Citi account set to Express Web Connect and go to citi.com/datamanager to log in to your Citi account and give it permission to allow access. Back to Quicken and Poof! Weeks of transactions were downloaded. I hope I do not have to repeat the process periodically.

Quicken should improve its error reporting information to assist users.

Did this help you? Please report back.

[Using subscription Quicken for Windows on Win 11]

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    Options

How many months or years is it going to take to fix this? I am not renewing my subscription if I can't download for half my credit card accounts. Quicken released 4 updates in June and it is still not working.

• RRFH
    RRFH Member ✭✭
    Options

I've tried all of these solutions without any success. Is Quicken even looking at this issue at all? I see a new thread for the same issue was started.

• GM1618
    GM1618 Member
    Options

Just got the Citi CC-502 error, after Citi required that I change my online password. I fixed itin Quicken with the following.

Go to the Account List in Quicken
    Select the Citi Account in the Account List
    Select the Online Services tab on the CitiAccount
    Select Reset Account on the Online Services tab
    Enter your new password ini the Password box
    Select LinktoExisting Account
    Let it update
    All my transactions then downloaded as normal.

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

After not working for more than a month and trying to add via multiple methods like 100 times, I changed my Citi password and it worked! thanks

Edit to add: I did authorize the app via the Citi website and got an email that it was authorized. I never got that before.

This discussion has been closed.