Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Robey
    Robey Member ✭✭
    Options

If Simplify or Quicken for Mac supported Savings Goals, I would leave too.

• spkcoil
    spkcoil Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

PLEASE QUICKEN ROLL BACK TO AN OLDER VERSION THAT WORKS. Can't see how a company like yours could live with a colossal failure for such a basic financial feature. Also, where are the moderators? They are usally commenting and supporting problems, but in this case, "No Response" whatsoever. Did this support feature get corrupt as well? Is there a management problem within the company?

• jschulz
    jschulz Member
    Options

I have about a dozen bill reminders that are set to "automatically enter the transaction in the register". In the past month or so, they have all been mysteriously reset to "remind me in xx days in advance" instead. I changed them back to "automatically enter the transaction in the register" and then later they get reset back to "remind me in xx days in advance". Why isn't the setting sticking?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Comment no longer relevant in merged context.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Just Me and Not Someone Else
    Options

Is this issue ever going to be addressed by Quicken? This is a major inconvenience.

Options

Is this issue ever going to be addressed by Quicken? This is a major inconvenience.

• kwh
    kwh Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Not working for me as well. I spent hours changing 100+ entries back from "remind me" to "automatically enter", and they all reverted to "remind me". I'm a 30+ year advanced user, and this is incredibly frustrating.

• FrankHarl
    FrankHarl Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

I will set up my monthly bills to enter into my Quicken register automatically every month, but when I go back into the register a couple days later, the auto enter has reverted to an auto reminder.

Also, my payroll that I receive twice a month is consistently reverting back to just once a month. I will redo it to twice a month, and then when I go back a few days later it is set to only once a month.

• SambaKMom
    SambaKMom Member ✭✭
    Options

I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I was shocked to go into my bill pay and see that nothing I had set up as an "auto enter" was entered into any of my accounts. I have never had this problem before and would never have set them up to only be reminded about. I went into each transaction and set it up again, but now I am loathe to believe that July will be any different. Any ideas or thoughts of why this happened?

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Comment no longer relevant in merged context.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

Options

Quicken - Please provide an update on this issue. I probably have 75+ reminders in Quicken (some weekly, monthly, quarter, annually) and none of these are working. In addition my paycheck reminders are not working properly. There are 13 pages on this post alone of users who have been dealing with this issue for ~ 2 months. This is a major inconvenience for "heavy users" of Quicken.

• FrankHarl
    FrankHarl Member
    Options

I keep changing my bills and payments to auto enter on a certain date, but when I go into Quicken a couple days later they are all reverted to auto reminder. In the same way, my paycheck I enter as twice a month, but when I go back into Quicken a couple days later it is reset to once a month and auto reminder instead of auto enter.

How can I keep the changes I make in the Quicken calendar? (I can sign out and sign in later in the day and everything is how I changed it, but if I wait a couple days and go in, then everything is reverted to only once a month paycheck and auto reminder instead of auto enter.)

• kbrock
    kbrock Member
    Options

I have set up some recurring bills to be automatically input into the register. Some have worked, but most have not, and then when I look at the reminder it has reverted back to where it isn't entered automatically. What is going on?

• katengel
    katengel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Waiting on Quicken to fix also.

• bstarks
    bstarks Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I have been having a problem with my scheduled automatic payments in the Bills and Income Reminders|All Bills and Reminders tab constantly switching from Auto to Upcoming so I have to back a edit them from reminder back to auto entry continuously.

Has anyone else encountered this and know how to stop it from happening?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

[Removed-Merged Post]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jae Song
    Jae Song Member
    Options

Same problem with me also. Ugh.

• Anders Martinson
    Anders Martinson Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I will join in the me toos hoping Quicken will comment and address. I have numerous bill reminders that were set up as auto enter that became remind me. I have fixed them one by one as the reminders have appeared. Hoping they stay that way and annoyed at the effort it has taken,

• Ralphhh
    Ralphhh Member ✭✭
    Options

The temporary workaround, mentioned previously in this thread, that has worked for me is to turn off sync to the cloud. That means I can't use the mobile and web apps and that I have to back up my files elsewhere, but at least my auto-enter items haven't been changed into reminders.

The way to do that is to go to Edit | Preferences | Mobile & Web and turn the Sync slider off. Unchecking the box in One Step Update will not work.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ralphh

Thanks for pointing out that that you must disable cloud sync, not just un-check it in the OSU settings.

Note that syncing to the cloud only syncs some of your data. It is not a substitute for backing up your Quicken data file.

A good practice is to go to Edit > Preferences > Backup. Check the Automatic Backup box and set it to automatically back up every (1) time you exit Quicken. I also check the Manual backup reminder box and have it save a backup to an external thumb drive every time I exit.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My Quicken was updated this morning, a fix for this issue was not included.

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

We need to use the "Share your feedback" in Quicken as we incur this problem. It is on the top of the screen, looks like this:

Sharing it only on the forum will not get the problem fixed.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As noted earlier in this discussion, you should also contact Quicken Support to report this problem. The more reports they receive, the more likely it is that they will address it.

I recommend that you contact Support via phone.  Be sure the support agent understands the problem and gives you a ticket number for future reference.

You should also use the Help > Report a Problem menu in Quicken to submit the issue online. In your submission, be as clear and thorough as possible. Reference the ticket number and provide a link to this discussion. Provide step by step instructions to reproduce the problem. You will not get a response to an electronic submission, but they say they review and prioritize the submissions. 

Updates on problems that Quicken has acknowledged are posted at the link below.

Quicken never says when a problem is expected to be resolved.

https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Clicking on the "Share your feedback" icon brings up the "Report a Problem to Quicken" window. This issue has been reported to Quicken numerous times, but it doesn't hurt to keep reporting it as I do.

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not fixed.

Installed version R50.13, build 27.1.50.13 this morning.

(1) Validated my current QDF file,
    (2) Made a backup,
    (3) turned Sync back on (Mobile & Web > Go to Mobile & Web),
    (4) Ran a One Step Update.

When I checked Tools > Manage Bills & Income Reminders, all of my 'Auto' bills switched to either 'Due' or 'Upcoming' (both of which are 'Remind me…').

I then turned Sync off, restored my original file, and confirmed that all my bills were still 'Auto'.

• Rockdude
    Rockdude Member
    Options

Add me to the group as well, been using quicken since it first came out. The update when everyone else said has made mine do the same. Oh it is frustrating.

• Rockdude
    Rockdude Member
    Options

And I forgot to add, the update that came out this morning … has NO affect on it.

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

Updated to R50.13. Still no fix.

This discussion has been closed.