Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes Jim, version R50.15. Schedule These? There is the car insurance bill, again.

• Maharishi Deja Vu
    Options

Quicken Bill reminders are changing from Auto Enter status to Upcoming after each time Quicken is synced to the cloud. Every time you sync Quicken you will need to manually change the all reminders back form Upcoming to Auto Enter to a specific date. Quicken support is aware of this problem and has escalated it to high support. Quicken support has asked until an update to fix the problem is posted on this page, that the Sync, (to the cloud) option be turned off. This will effect the use of the Quicken phone app until a fix is posted because the app information will NOT be updated. If you stop syncing the reminders do NOT get changed to Upcoming and will be entered correctly to you accounts. Please check back here for an update. After an official update is posted and you run it you should check your reminders to make sure they have not been changed in status. If they change you should concoct Quicken support. Quicken is aware of this problem, it has to do with syncing to their servers and is currently working on it.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are getting unwanted suggestions to create reminders, you can control that at Tools > Manage Bill and income reminders. Click on Options at the top right then Suggest reminders and pick the options you want.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Pete_ATL
    Pete_ATL Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jim. I am concerned because this was not a problem before all of the other problems surfaced with Sync with Cloud. I'll wait for R51 before I start changing my preferences to accommodate this issue.

• x-bear
    x-bear Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I go into manage manual bills and change upcoming to auto. This will not remain when I start Quicken again, reverts back to upcoming. How do you keep this from happening?

• Jim_Harman
    Options

This is a known issue. The only workaround for now is go to Edit > Preferences > Mobile & Web and move the Sync slider to the left. However this will disable syncing to the Quicken mobile apps. The is due to be resolved in the R51 release, which should come out in July.

See this discussion

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Since a quicken update caused all mine and most other users' scheduled transactions which I had to go in register automatically changed to upcoming and have to manually enter and we know it has to do the Quicken Mobile App synchronization and is there any ETA when this problem will be resolved? Many of us are waiting patiently because this is causing people to manually update data.

• jojonono
    jojonono Member
    Options
    Auto-Enter Reminders still don't work, its currently 6/29/23. This is pretty basic quicken functionality… ie, this is why people use is. This should be prioritized by the product management teams.

• jojonono
    jojonono Member
    edited June 2023
    Options

This appears to be a known issue for months, but quicken product management is not addressing it. Dev's did something and this broke, it is not a new feature request. This has been a working part of quicken probably for decades. To let this known, reported defect sit and languish, and not fix it makes one wonder if Quicken isn't the right platform to use anymore. I have stopped syncing to cloud, there is no fix, workarounds are not reasonable. Please escalate this to someone in a position to take action.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Auto Entry worked for me yesterday and today. I had 3 AUTO transactions in different accounts enter directly to the account register when I opened Quicken. I don't use Mobile and WEB, so you may want to try it with SYNC turned off.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

we have requested this be merged into the main topic with the other 500 comments -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

that is the work around Some people use moble can't do it if sync off.

• eep
    eep Member
    Options

I am tried of reading posts telling you that the auto-enter feature has STOPPED working since last update a month or so ago. This is rediculous to take this long for you to fix it. I've done everything I read in the thread and nothing works. I've switched multiple times now from Reminder to Auto-Enter and it changes itself back the next login. We are alll paying a good amount of money for the subscription service. If you don't give a damn just tell us and we'll find another provider. But it would be better to fix the fricking app.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There were two (related) problems existing that were merged into one discussion.

(1) The issue of Auto entries not populating the account register when Mobile and WEB Sync IS NOT turned on was one issue. This problem was resolved with the last release. R50.15

(2) The second issue relates to what happens to Auto Reminders when Mobile and WEB Sync IS turned on. This problem is still pending and affects users that use Mobile and WEB.

• Ghendjr42
    Ghendjr42 Member
    Options

Since the latest updates, my automatically schedule transactions are not automatically entered into the register, and I have tried to reset them but they continue not to be entered automatically. Each time I open Quicken software I have new reminder transactions that were set to automatically enter but failed to enter the register. Could use some support: Windows Subscription Version R50.15

• DotCom
    DotCom Member ✭✭
    Options

Many seem to thing that transactions set up as auto-enter and suddenly becoming reminders is related to mobile sync. I can say that this is not the case. I do not sync to mobile or web. The feature is turned off in my preferences. I use Q locally only and the auto-register entry business still occurs.

User of Quicken for Windows Home & Business Edition since the day after Microsoft abandoned its superb Microsoft Money product.

• Jim_Harman
    edited June 2023
    Options

@DotCom

Have you upgraded to R50.15? If so and your Reminders are being switched from Auto to manual even though you have Sync disabled I suggest you contact Quicken Support and show them the problem. You should also send a report via Help > Report a Problem. That is the only way they can take your case into consideration.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

YES - this certainly appears to be different than all the other postings -

with SYNC turned OFF - and still having the problem

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jcalisher
    jcalisher Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I am running R50.15 / Build: 27.1.50.15 Windows 10 enterprise

I disabled the syncing because of the comment. There are other issues when syncing and I just don't want to deal with it anymore. I may just set up a holding account to sync on my phone for travel and move to the appropriate account on my PC.

Regarding auto reminders, I just went into bills and reminders and reviewed "all-bills and deposits" and changed those back that needed to be auto. It's been fine for a couple of days. It's working as it should. If the issue recurs, I will try deleting a few reminders and adding the reminders back in as auto.

NOTE:

I did do this under current review and selected show "all-bills and deposits".

If it matters:

I DID NOT do this by selecting the "manage manual Bills and income" button under "Bills & Income"

Quicken user since 1989

• DED
    DED Member
    Options

I first installed and synced to the Android app a few weeks ago. HOWEVER… I believe I also upgraded Quicken for Windows to the latest version at the same time, so maybe it was coincidental to using the app. I immediately noticed in Quicken for Windows that the reminder icon

next to my checking account in the accounts list would not go away. A couple of days ago I got curious enough to discover that automatic entries are changing to reminders after running one-step update.

ALL of the "Upcoming" reminders in the screen shot below were previously set to "Auto". They have been that way for years. I changed them back to Auto twice now, before discovering this thread.

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Just to update, on my bills and income reminders I always had it set to "Due in 30 Days" and now it keeps changing daily to "Due in 14 Days"

• Jim_Harman
    Options

@Hub Is it the default time period for the display of Reminders that is changing to 14 days? If so, that discussion is here

• Michael Hauser
    Michael Hauser Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Has there been any affirmative word from quicken with a date specific as to when this feature will be restored (aside from “July”)? It might have been provided and I overlooked it.
    For me, this was a basic function of Quicken from when I started in 1997. This revision/bug/whatever is a nuisance, and today being the first of the month, I had 15+ transactions that I had to manually enter as opposed to them automatically appearing in the various registers. Combined that with the daily entries (I.e my daily stop for breakfast) and all the other routine entries, this is time consuming and increases the margin for error or omission. I sure hope Quicken is intending to restore this feature, and soon. Thanks.

• Hub
    Hub Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jim, I will bookmark that thread for follow up.

• Jim_Harman
    Options

No date has been announced. The only official word is the planned version, R51. Usually Quicken releases a new version every month, with further updates as needed to fix newly introduced bugs.

The Alert for this problem is here

And Announcements of new versions are here

https://community.quicken.com/categories/quickencommunity_product_releases_and_announcements_windows

• Vaesse
    Vaesse Member ✭✭
    Options

The linked "Alert for this problem" specifically states that it "does not affect the functionality of auto entry" which is not the case for me. The entries that have swapped from auto enter now have to be manually "accepted," which while better than fully manual entry is not the same functionality as auto entry provided. I'm watching that alert, but it's not quite the issue I'm experiencing. (I've reset everything MANY times, and I have more than 25 entries that I reset every time, I so far have never wanted a memorized transaction to be anything other than auto enter, though I do adjust the number of days.)

• Bo_Ward102
    Bo_Ward102 Member
    Options

I'm just now joining this thread, just to add my "me, too" — I sent the requested "Help" report today after having to change all my "reminders" to "automatics" again and wondering why. Now I know, sadly, and I guess I just hope Rel. 51 solves it!

• Jayayuu
    Jayayuu Member ✭✭
    Options

I am still experiencing the issue with the auto-reminders. I have release R50.15 - which was released to specifially fix the issue we are all complaining about. Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed? Seems there are LOTS of folks experiencing this problem.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Jayayuu - if you carefully read the R50.15 Release Notes - the fix was NOT for this problem… but something else that was related to having Reminders defined. Unfortunately the actual “issue” is just vaguely referenced which makes it really confusing…

• Issue occurred when launching Quicken when an Auto Reminder was set up within a file.

Problem occurred when launching Quicken that prevented file from opening
    properly when an Auto Reminder was set up within a file. [Edited - Clarified Issue]

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Johnny M
    Johnny M Member
    Options

All I know is that I am paying for a service that clearly I am not getting, I really enjoyed using the mobile and sync features to manually add transactions on the fly and will have to do without until this issue is resolved , because I’m certainly not dealing with not having the auto entry in reminders not available, seems to me that there are way to many customers not to have had this problem resolved by now, I’m a long time Quicken user and have never experienced anything like this.

This discussion has been closed.