Auto-Enter Reminders don't work anymore - changed to Manual/Upcoming - (edit X9)

Options

Comments

• chriskay
    chriskay Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is about the time that this started happening to me also. When I turn off the sync (I use the mobile app on occasion Android) The auto enter remains clicked. I believe this may be the crux of the issue. I can live without the sync for mobile until it gets fixed.

• BakerL
    BakerL Member ✭✭
    Options

This has been driving me crazy!!! I've tried everything. I finally removed the Mobile and Web Sync function and it seems to be holding. However, I frequently used Quicken Mobile. Not, it appears, that is no longer an option for me. Very dissappointed!!!

• james150
    james150 Member ✭✭
    Options

I feel like there is a lot wrong with Bills and Income. I notice Reminders get skipped and vanish completely over the last 6 months. Now this has been going on for over 2 months. What is going on?

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I agree. I have had split reminders change categories, one-time change to yearly, and some some just disappear. All seem to coincide with synching

• Cathy Abernathy
    Options

Still an issue for me now

• jeffolsonzoo
    jeffolsonzoo Member ✭✭
    Options

I was just offered a new update that I have installed: "Version R50.16 HF5 (July 2023)" that has the following "What's Fixed" entry:

"An issue in which the auto enter reminder setting was turned off after cloud sync"

Could this be the fix, earlier than previously expected in R51? I have not tried re-enabling cloud sync to test it….too afraid 😑

• jeffolsonzoo
    jeffolsonzoo Member ✭✭
    Options

Ok - so I decided to bite the bullet; with R50.16 HF5 installed, I did a complete backup, then re-enabled Cloud Sync (Edit-Preferences-Mobile & Web-Sync slider "on"), and then did a cloud sync. All the Auto Reminders have stayed as "Auto" as expected. I also tried exiting out of the program and restarting. I also did a full One-Step Update, exit/restart. Still ok.

I think we have a solution here, folks!

• TomV
    TomV Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@je c fInstalled R50.16 this morning, reenabled and performed a sync, closed and reopened Quicken. All the auto entry reminders remained auto. None reverted to manual entry. It appears R50.16 has corrected the problem - at least for me it does.

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

YA…. ITS FIXED!!! THANK YOU

• CHARLES BEHRMAN
    CHARLES BEHRMAN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I downloaded 15.16 update synced, turned back on moble synced to the cloud, And it is fixed for me.

• Michael Sloss
    Michael Sloss Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Auto was fixed, but one-time reminders are still changing to yearly after doing sync.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

R50.16 - wonder if anything else, besides the Auto Reminder issue, is mentioned in the Release Notes ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ps56k2 You can check Help/Release notes to see what is included in the update.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Quicken for addressing these issues

• gengquist1
    gengquist1 Member ✭✭
    Options

Updated first thing this morning and bug fix reported was our issue. Backed up file, turned on sync and then sync'd with the cloud… All of my transactions remained 'Auto Enter'! It looks like R50.16 Build 27.1.50.16 resolves the issue.

• gsxraudio
    gsxraudio Member ✭✭
    Options

About time they fixed this. Thanks for confirming!

• kkamper@gmail.com
    Options

Works for me. Too. Thanks for fixing this issue

• Mark432
    Mark432 Member ✭✭
    Options

I, too, can confirm. Ran my usual testing, (validate file, make backup, turn on Sync, run 'One Step Update', check 'Manage Bills & Income Reminders'), and all my Auto reminders continued to stay as Auto.

I can finally get back to using the product as intended.

• spconn
    spconn Member
    Options

Installed new version, R50.16 Build 27.1.50.16. Performed syncs, restarts, resyncs.

Issue has been resolved.

Thank you.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On July 6, 2023 after updating all my reminders from Manual back to Auto entry and performing an update I found it is working as expected. It's fixed, no more flipping all reminders to manual after updating. Again, the problem has been fixed with the last upgrade R50-16. Quicken reminders are working properly!😊

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks to Quicken staff for getting this resolved.

• DaveWhite71
    DaveWhite71 Member ✭✭
    Options

I find it a bit hard to thank the Quicken staff for fixing their own mistake at long last, particularly in view of the large time waste forced on Quicken users as a result. This isn't the first time they have left us in the lurch, and I doubt it will be the last.

• mdeehl
    mdeehl Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I completely agree with you! I have been using Quickens for many years and this certainly is not the first or the last time stuff like this happens. However, i am particularly angry with Quicken support at which the time and priority which Quickens support took to assign staff to fix what they themselves broke. Quicken should have made this problem a higher priority because it took a couple of months for them to finally get around and provide an update that fixed what they broke. So I agree with you that Quicken Support should not be thanked for fixing what they broke!😤

• Smokeyham
    Smokeyham Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I respectfully disagree. As the software becomes increasingly complex it is inevitable that a change or upgrade in as aspect will result in an unintended change in another. Also, it is good manners to thank someone for their work.

• cbarfield
    cbarfield Member ✭✭
    Options

All of my bills were set to "Automatically enter the transaction in the register 3 days before the due date". Somehow, EVERY SINGLE ONE of them was reset to "Remind me 3 days in advance". See image.

I took the time to change them all back to "Automatically enter…" but as soon as I sync, it resets every single one of them back to "Remind me…".

I have reached out through the "Share Your Feedback" option in Quicken (twice) and have received no response and it is still broken.

Does anyone know how to actually fix this? I say fix because it is broken.

To be clear, I want to set my bills to Automatically Enter, be able to sync/backup and the setting remain.

• compuwise
    compuwise Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Is it necessary to change all the manual entry/reminders to auto-entry after installing the .16 update? Or will they revert back to original?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You will not get any response to "Share your feedback"

For most users this issue is resolved by installing the most recent update, R50.16. You will have to change the Reminders back to Auto enter after installing the update, but the setting should stick.

If you are still seeing this issue after installing R50.16, please post back.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@compuwise You must change any reminders that have been switched from Auto to "Remind me" back to Auto after installing R50.16. They should stick at Auto after that.

QWin Premier subscription
  • mdkat
    mdkat Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. I am on version R50.16

• AHN
    AHN Member ✭✭
    Options

mine still doesn't work

This discussion has been closed.