Access to Prudential/Empower retirement account error OL-301-A

Options

Answers

• Donald Brooks
    Donald Brooks Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Isn't it nice how they always blame each other for the error. Most of the time the companies blame Quicken, since it cost them time and money to fix on their end.

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me. My error continues to be OL-301-A. Quicken points to Prudential. Just called Prudential and they are pointing me to Quicken. Super frustrating. I am still able to sign into the Prudential/Empower website and view my retirement account with the same credentials I have always used. Prudential technical support says that, if I'm able to sign into their website, then it's not their problem, it's Quicken's problem. They are so incompetent and just don't get it.

• Mika1984
    Mika1984 Member ✭✭
    Options

Prudential has set up a 2 step verification when logging in to the website. I wonder if that is the culprit when downloading to quicken…

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just logged in after your comment like always with username/password.

• curtisdchilds
    curtisdchilds Member ✭✭✭
    Options

hoping this is resolved soon

• bravootra
    bravootra Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @ALL

I tried again today - I am getting back OL-301-A

• jayez915
    jayez915 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue since July 21

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been having the same issue for a week now. I've contacted both Quicken and Prudential and neither has been helpful. The problem persists and from the number of posts on this topic it's clearly not a unique issue with my system.

• NTPanaccio
    NTPanaccio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On page 1 of this thread, a link was posted that you can subscribe to. When Quicken/Prudential resolve the issue, they will update that thread specifically, which will notify you. Just subscribe to that thread and wait it out.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still getting the same error today as noted above. Contacting Prudential has been useless, their 'IT people' provide no specifics, simply say "its a Quicken problem". Weekly updates from Quicken don't instill much confidence regarding any sense of priority, urgency or that the problem is even understood. No ETA? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Or never? Very frustrating with such little info being provided.

• Clark65
    Clark65 Member
    Options

Similar experience for me, but not receiving an error message at all. I just get this every time i try to sync. Has been happening since about same time as most everyone on here. ~7/21-ish

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Today's error: OL-297-A

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have been having a similar issue with Prudential 401k/Empower since about July 21, 2023 and my account was taken over by Empower as well effective April 1, 2022. I am getting a OL-304-A error with the message "Your financial institution does not recognize the account ……. Additional information from Prudential Retirement - 401k/403b/457; Account not found."

This has been working fine for years until now. Very frustrating.

• ALR
    ALR Member ✭✭
    Options

I have a similar problem but am not even getting an error code. And when I try to Reset Account, after I enter my password and click OK nothing happens at all.

• Todd45
    Todd45 Member ✭✭
    Options

So what is the status update on this from quicken? Can you answer two questions??….. What is the root cause of the problem and was the root cause a change on Prudential's end or Quicken's end? This will help your users put pressure on the appropriate entity to get this resolved. A number of us are in the Prudential to Empower administration change but the technology is still all that of Prudential (their website/logins/back-end systems etc). I have a strong suspicion that there is a Transition Services Agreement in place in which Empower pays Prudential who is required to support/maintain the technology until customer data is migrated over to Empower systems. Finger pointing at its best but annoying to the end-customer who has to data enter countless investment transactions the longer this goes on. Really hope that this gets resolved soon. Thanks in advance and I appreciate any updates. OL301-A error with no transactions to review. Info last updated 7/21/2023 9:26PM. And yes, I have transactions that have not downloaded since that time.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Today's error - back to the OL-301-A (was OL-297-A over the weekend). Vague and non-specific updates from Quicken every 10 days or so isn't cutting it with paid subscribers.

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

In the past I've contacted support once an issue like this is resolved and gotten subscription extended. Given that I've now had to put in about 30 transactions manually, I plan to do the same. What am I paying for if I have to type stuff in manually?

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Reset account very rarely works right and sometimes locks quicken up completely. I don't use it. If you deactivate and reactivate online services for Pru you'll probably get the error (resulting in not being able to reactivate until it is fixed). If you go into your pru account in quicken and do "update transactions" under the gear at the top right, does that give you the error? It may be that your install is just out of synch with the online servers so just not even getting to the point of the error. Doing the update from within the account often gets the synch issues fixed (but unfortunately best you can hope for is an error code at this point).

• Drinkingbird
    Drinkingbird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

You may have the update summary screen disabled, that is where the error is shown. I keep mine set to "only show if there is an error".

• bravootra
    bravootra Member ✭✭✭
    Options

any updates please ?

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

The OL-301-A download error has been reported by multiple users for over 3 weeks. Some state the problem goes back to early July. On July 25 a Quicken Moderator (Jasmine) responded with information on how to follow this active alert. Unfortunately, since then there has been no resolution and the only comments are from users reporting the continuing problem and asking for updates. Clearly this is a known issue, yet no response from Quicken. I understand that it may not be resolved, but the curtesy of any update work be appreciated.

• raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Jasmine updates that post weekly. So far no progress in 2 posts from her.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

It's apparently been 7 days since the last update for an error and loss of functionality that began for most around July 21. Let me guess - it's a known issue but there is no estimated time of when it will be fixed.

Hard to believe that this issue is being actively worked, in the mean time manual updates continue. VERY FRUSTRATING!

• cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This is taking so long to resolve that I now fear what may have happened is that Empower may have taken over the Prudential site and they do not support a connection.

• DPP28
    DPP28 Member ✭✭
    Options

Where is Quicken with regular updates on this issue? Crickets…..

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Options
  • raustin316
    raustin316 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning everyone

No error today connecting to Prudential. It did not update transactions, just the account value. There are 2 cycles of transactions that need to be updated or else placeholders created. It's a bright sign that the connection and update will be fully restored soon!

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Success here too. I didn't have any transactions to download but it did update price history. Maybe this is a permanent fix…

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭
    Options

No success for me, but I did get a different error today. Rather than 301, I'm getting OL-293-A - Quicken is unable to update your account because unexpected information was received from your financial institution.

• dbaylen
    dbaylen Member ✭✭
    Options

Today, I'm also getting the OL-293-A error.

This discussion has been closed.