Harland-Clarke(new company for Q checks) Their Wallet Check envelopes don't fit Check21 checks

Options
Phil Burton
Phil Burton Member, Windows Beta Beta

Moderators: If this post belongs in a different forum, please move.

I need a new supplier of double-window envelopes for Quicken Check 21 format wallet checks. If you know of a reliable vendor for these envelopes (and checks) please post that info. (Trying to sort through all the products on Amazon gives me a bad headache.) Here is why:

If it matters, I'm using Quicken 51.12 Premier.

I've ordered both wallet checks and envelopes for Quicken since like forever. When Quicken transitioned to Check21 format, I had to toss my old envelopes and buy new ones.

Now I needed more envelopes. check.quicken.com takes you to the Harland-Clarke website, and I ordered wallet check envelopes. Only problem: they seem designed for the older check format. With Check 21 checks, the bottom line of the address is hidden AND the check amount is shown.

After a long discussion with Harland-Clarke support, I got a full refund. The support person had no idea what I was talking about with Check 21 format, nor did anyone else in her team. (She checked). She also said I would need to order checks from them to guarantee that their envelopes worked. But again, she had no idea about Check 21 format.

So it seems that the Quicken really bollixed up the handoff of the check printing and supplies to this new company.

Been using Quicken (and TurboTax) since DOS days in 1990s.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which specific envelopes did you get? Looking at the site, it appears the right envelope is CE40.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/envelopes/check-window ?

They talk about Quickbooks - compatible checks, but Quicken uses the same check style.
    Try Wallet Check Envelopes or Wallet Plus Check Envelopes for size.

For most people, "Check 21" is ancient history, because it dates back to around 2006.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Q only transitioned to Check21 format because the gov't required such. Not Q/Intuit's responsibility.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Phil Burton
    Options

CE 40 was the envelope I ordered but it didn't work for my Check 21 checks. Harland-Clarke was kind enough to issue a full refund.

• Phil Burton
    Options

Yes I just ordered 250 of envelope 738 from intuitmarket. Somehow I assumed (wrong) that when Quicken was spun out from Intuit, that Intuit no longer sold checks and enveloped for Quicken only. Thanks for this link. It saved me probably hours scouring Amazon and various other websites trying to figure out the important details based on big claims that are short of actual information.

I had forgotten just how long ago, people transitioned to Check 21. That raises the issue of what's going on at Harland-Clarke if the support people didn't know about it.

• Phil Burton
    Options

Thanks to all who responded.

This whole issue isn't a good look for Quicken.😝

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You might look at ASAP Checks. I've been using them since 2000 for Quicken printing stock.

This discussion has been closed.