Fidelity Rewards VISA (summer 2023)

Options
PQuincy
PQuincy Member ✭✭

There is a notice at Fidelity (late July 2023) that they are currently updating all of their 3rd party access protocols, so they may not work. And that is indeed my experience.

For a while earlier in 2023, I was able to log in for the Fidelity Rewards Visa card using the Elan Financial Services link that Quicken provides. But I think that doesn't work any more. I had to renew it after I got a new card number, and now asks a security challenge question, and refuses to accept the answer. Moreover, if you go to your Fidelity Rewards Visa card links from the Fidelity website, it no longer goes to Elan, but rather to a website at login.fidelityrewards.com.

Quicken offers a link for the Fidelity Rewards Visa Card, if you search while trying to connect, but when I try to log in, it times out.

I wish Quicken would stop suggesting any connection links that are no longer functional, because it's really confusing. But I realize that some legacy users may still be able to use them, I guess :-(.

Best Answer

• Kris Hartner
    Kris Hartner Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like others, just started having this issue for the first time on 8/28/23, on 8/29/23, went into Settings: Change Connection: and searched for Elan Financial Services, selected that to make the change and the connection worked, linked to my existing account setup in Quicken and all seems fine now.

Answers

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

PS: No problem at all getting Quicken to connect to my investment accounts: it's just that Fidelity Rewards Credit Card, which apparently has been a running problem for some time, if the posts on this forum are correct.

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I am able to connect to my Fidelity Rewards Card in Quicken using FI: Fidelity Rewards Credit Card and the login credentials that work on "login.fidelityrewards.com/" using Quicken Connect. Hope that helps.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

Fidelity Rewards Credit card definitively does NOT work for me — it's stalls when attempting.

Elan Financial Services (which is really myaccountaccess.com) does work, once I created a new account for which my credentials worked.

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks! Yes, I was able to create a NEW Elan Financial services login ( Credit Card Account Access: Log In (myaccountaccess.com)), since I had a different card number. This one now works with Quicken. (Don't know what the challenge question problem was with the previous Elan account… I suppose I forgot, though I am not sure). It's all a bit quirky and complicated to set up.

• almcate
    almcate Member ✭✭
    Options

No problems thru August 26, but now get FDP-102 error message. Called and was told issue is unresolved and follow messages here for notice of resolution.

• LG Correll
    LG Correll Member ✭✭
    Options

I get a CC-502 error message every time I try to download transactions for the Fidelity Rewards credit card (Elan). Started over the weekend and continues today (8/28/2023).

• MSVA
    MSVA Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem. I tried a reset, and Quicken entirely disconnected the account. When I try to re-add the account, I get a nonsense message that Quicken can't connect. My standing complaint with Quicken is that it does not alert subscribers of known issues. Every other app has the ability to send alerts. Why not Quicken?

• Kris Hartner
    Kris Hartner Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Like others, just started having this issue for the first time on 8/28/23, on 8/29/23, went into Settings: Change Connection: and searched for Elan Financial Services, selected that to make the change and the connection worked, linked to my existing account setup in Quicken and all seems fine now.

• tom.cech
    tom.cech Member ✭✭
    Options

Adding to this issue. My downloads stopped on 8/25/23. Error was CC-502. As of 8/29/23 I can still not connect with Fidelty Rewards via Quicken. I tried the workaround from Kris Hartner, and that did not work either. When trying to enter "Add Account" and typed in "Ela" the drop down choice for "Elam Financial Services" appeared; when I added the "m" the choice disappeared from the drop down. Finally, using the Elam Financial Services site, I got the same error CC-502.

While I'm here I'll throw my main peeve about Quicken and Fidelity Rewards into the ring: The $.00 don't download properly. You can't reconcile the account.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

It's "Elan" with an n.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• tom.cech
    tom.cech Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, Jon, I can't spell.

I did get connected with the Elan site and viewed my credit card history. The Elan website states there is updating on going and there may be problems. I was unable to get Quicken to recognize my credentials, but apparently the issue is now in the hands of the Quicken folks way above my pay grade. Hopefully, it will be fixed.

• beverard
    beverard Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issues with Elan/Fidelity. Also started around 8/24. Getting the FDP-502/CC-502 error messages. I can go to the Fidelity site and manually download, but would be great to have this working again. When I opened this account years ago, I connected to Elan, then that had problems so I changed it to Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Think I will give a few more days to hopefully get fixed. I also have had issues with reconciling for year now - off by less than a dollar, but never consistent so can't manually correct. Not sure why this particular CC is such a problem.

• Jeanne111
    Jeanne111 Member ✭✭
    Options

8/30/23 I have same problem, as of the last week or so. Tried changing connection to Elan Financial Services but that didn't work either.

• Robin
    Robin Member ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm also having this same download problem with Fidelity Rewards/Elan starting about 8/28/2023. I am using Quicken Windows version: R51.12 build 27.1.51.12 just to document my current version. I understand this is the Mac forum, but I just wanted to add that it certainly appears to be unrelated to a particular version at this time.

I'll also note that in my Quicken Windows version, I do not have the option to "Change Connection". I suspect that may be a minor interface difference between then Windows & Mac versions. Now lets hope Quicken & Elan work this out.

• NorthernExposure
    Options

My downloads stopped on 8/21/23. I made the change to Connect to Elan Financial Services as suggested and the service is working; all is downloading automatically as it should. Thank you for the suggestion.

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

Since I switched to Elan Financial Services as the download portal (which is a little confusing and unclear, and requires creating an account with them separate from the link from Fidelity), the data has flowed smoothly and accurately for me, too.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You were required to set up a new account? That should not have happened if you had first deactivated/disconnected the account in Quicken. You should have then been given the option to link the Elan download to the account you already have set up in Quicken.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It looks like there is a fix identified and being worked on that will be included in a future software update. See the updated posted Alert: UPDATED 9/8/23 Fidelity Rewards Credit Card - FDP-102/CC-502.

Bookmark the Alert (to the right of the Title) if you wish to be kept informed of future updates.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Boatnmaniac They're talking about needing a login for Elan's website, which doesn't share login credentials with Fidelity.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Ah. That makes more sense and it is logical because they are different websites.

I seem to recall that when I initially set up my Elan online account I used the same login info that I used with the Fidelity Rewards online account. I sometimes forget that is the reason why I can use the same login for both Elan Financial Services and Fidelity Rewards Credit Card in Quicken.

• Aaron Baker
    Aaron Baker Member ✭✭
    Options

Well this issue seems to be back with R52.20… You'd think I know better than upgrading Quicken. The download no longer works with ELAN or Fidelity Rewards. Please post any kind of solution to this…

• herronjr
    herronjr Member ✭✭
    Options

Can not download transactions from Elan Financial Services or by using Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Stared about 3 days ago. Any ideas? Thanks!

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2023
    Options

I think (not 100% sure) this latest issue starting on 9/23 is a different issue from earlier this month.

The 1st issue primarily regarded the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection setup and a few days after the 9/16 Alert Update stating that a fix had been identified most people were able to successfully download, again. Other Elan managed sites downloads were not affected.

This latest issue regards Elan Financial Services and all connections with financial institution sites that are managed by Elan. It started on 9/23 (or 9/22) when Elan blocked Quicken connections. People in other threads have posted that Elan told them they know they have a problem and are "working on it". I also saw on Elan's website on 9/23 that they were experiencing technical issues preventing some accesses.

At this time, the only download method that consistently works (confirmed by many others) is Web Connect: Manually download from your online account the date range you want. Select the "Quicken" (or QFX or "Web Connect") format. During or after the download process, open/import that file with Quicken and match it to your current account in Quicken.

I've been using this Web Connect download method since Monday and it is working very well at keeping my Fidelity credit card account in Quicken current. It's not ideal but I think it is far better to get the downloads this way than to not get any downloads at all or to manually enter every single transaction.

Two other posts I've seen say that they were able to download transactions using Quicken on the Web. But I don't use Quicken on the Web so I have not been able to confirm this myself.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Aaron Baker Fidelity Visa downloads stopped very near to updating to R52.20 as well. Suspicious for sure. It would be helpful if someone could confirm if R52.20 is working for them so we could potentially remove it as a variable and chalk it up to the other Elan / Fidelity related issues referenced above.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I have not yet updated to R52.20 and am still running R51.12 yet I cannot download from Elan via OSU. I've seen posts from others who have not yet updated to R52.20 who are not able to download via OSU.

On top of this we are posting this in a QMac thread regarding this same download issue. Their software is different from QWin so they are not running any QWin version.

I think all this is a pretty strong indication that this issue is not a QWin version issue. That, and the fact that Elan's website since 9/23 has consistently been saying they are having technical issues speaks volumes for me.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac Thanks for pulling all that together. Good to see it's not likely tied to R52.20. I waited a long time to move up from R41.xx and was hoping I didn't step into a mess. We'll hopefully see Elan get this worked out very soon.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've checked the connection to elan financial services frequently over the last week. Quicken just connected and downloaded for those that might be still trying to get this work. I don't know if this is temporary or completely resolved, but it's the first automated download for my Fidelity Visa account since the reported issue.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Yes, it was widely reported that the Elan download issue was resolved yesterday. Glad to hear it is now working for you, too.

• jr_ece
    jr_ece Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

There are a few (not many) folks reporting they are still having an issue setting up EWC downloads from both Elan and Fidelity Rewards. I don't know if this is related to the same issue or if it is something new. Maybe that is why Quicken hasn't yet announced that it is resolved?

This discussion has been closed.