Unable to update billers

Options
Harold-Jr
Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭

QW opened with a message to update Wells Fargo. Go to Bills & Income Tab and follow instructions for yellow caution symbol. I did and I get a message with a link to Fix It. When I click on Fix It for Wells Fargo as well as other yellow symbols that I see I get a message "Unable to update billers."

Comments

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having a similar issue with my USAA credit card and it's been giving me this message for over a week. I am still able to download transactions from USAA during One-Step-Update, etc. I am NOT able to use the Online Biller function with USAA until this is resolved.

Be sure to submit a Problem Report (Help>Report A Problem), for what that's worth.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

• To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
    If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in

• Have you recently enabled a VPN?
    If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    • Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    • Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
    Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
    For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
    The following rules must be defined in your AV / Firewall settings:

If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center.
    • In older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put a checkmark on "Use TLS 1.2"
    Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
    Click Apply. Reboot.
    • If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    • Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• Harold-Jr
    Harold-Jr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have ransomeware turned off. I still get same error.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keep looking. There's got to be another reason why you got problems.
    And totally turning off ransomware protection might not be a good idea unless you are protected by some other equivalent AV, Firewall, etc. software.

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My Ransomware was never turned on (I just checked and it's Off) - running Win11.

My issue with setting up USAA as an Online Biller is still unresolved (I was still getting the Unable To Update Billers message yesterday). Strangely today, when I opened Quicken, USAA disappeared as an Online Biller - it had been at the top of the Bills & Income tab showing 'Needs Attention' before today. I then initiated another attempt to add USAA as an Online Biller. USAA is now once again at the top of the Bills & Income tab showing 'Fix It'. And when I choose'Fix It' this time, after a lengthy delay of rotating red dots, it displays the window that Quicken is working in the background - Still Connecting - and I should check back in 1-2 days. This has been going on for the last 2 weeks. In the past, when I selected 'Fix It' after waiting 1-2 days, I would get the window stating Unable To Update Billers.

I will post an update in a day or 2 on the status of adding USAA as an Online Biller and if I once again get the Unable To Update Billers message.

• KEH
    KEH Member
    Options

Following….

• kbmrcampbell
    Options

I'm having the same problem but with only one online biller, Barclays. This is a new issue as I always was able to refresh and connect to the biller's website and pay bills. I have been going back every day this past week to see if I am able to update biller and still can not update

• carlj07
    carlj07 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

After several weeks of trying "Fix It", Review & Repair Online Billers and Payments, and doing multiple Online Biller Update All (circular arrow left of the gear icon on the Bills & Income tab), the issue finally resolved itself one day. Frustrating because it took so long with no explanation for the cause and, of course, this Online Biller was totally unusable during this time. For now, it appears to be fixed. In the meantime, once this issue became "resolved", I posted another issue with Quick Pay not allowing me to schedule a future payment with this Online Biller. See that post for the exact issue and troubleshooting updates.

This discussion has been closed.