Is there a way to get Quicken to work OK again? Or has it been ruined?

Options

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That is only one way to do that. One can now also rearrange the order in the Accounts Sidebar on the left side. Click on the Gear icon there and then click on Rearrange Accounts. Then it's just a matter of click-and-drag…much less cumbersome than how it is done in Account List.

@Hugh Mealy:

To find the QWin version: Help > About Quicken.

Regarding changing the order of Accounts (whether in the Accounts Sidebar or in Account List): One can only rearrange accounts within the specific account type that it is. For instance, a checking account can only be rearranged among other checking or cash accounts. A checking account cannot be moved to other account type groups, such as, savings, credit cards, investments, etc.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What problems are you having? What version are you using?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

Version? Beats me. How do I find out?

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

Trying to rearrange accounts, for one thing. I drag the account down to where I want it on my list and nothing happens - it stays where it was…

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Windows or Mac? If Mac, you can't rearrange accounts in the sidebar at all, you're stuck with the order Quicken puts them in.

As for version, on Mac select "About Quicken" from the Quicken menu:

On Windows, I believe you usually find such things on the Help menu.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

This is so stupid. I ask a question, it offers no answer, then it asks "did this answer your question?" Has Quicken been ruined?

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

"It"? You're not talking to a bot here, you're talking to other Quicken users. The forum software has a feature where if someone posts an answer to your question you can mark it as an answer & that comment will get promoted to the top of the comments. You don't have to do it, so just ignore it if you're not interested.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

for Windows to rearrange accounts you have to open the Account list from the menu and move an Account up or down one line at a time using the arrows.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

That is only one way to do that. One can now also rearrange the order in the Accounts Sidebar on the left side. Click on the Gear icon there and then click on Rearrange Accounts. Then it's just a matter of click-and-drag…much less cumbersome than how it is done in Account List.

@Hugh Mealy:

To find the QWin version: Help > About Quicken.

Regarding changing the order of Accounts (whether in the Accounts Sidebar or in Account List): One can only rearrange accounts within the specific account type that it is. For instance, a checking account can only be rearranged among other checking or cash accounts. A checking account cannot be moved to other account type groups, such as, savings, credit cards, investments, etc.

• retird
    retird Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Click on Manage Accounts Icon….. Select Rearrange Accounts…. move them as you choose….

Windows 11 (2 separate computers)..... Quicken Premier.. HAVE USED QUICKEN CONTINUOUSLY SINCE 1985.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@Hugh Mealy: I should have mentioned that there is a way to get a checking account grouped with savings accounts or to get a savings account grouped with checking accounts:

1. Go to the Display tab of Account Details for the account you want moved.
    2. Change the Intent (in the drop-down). For a checking account that you want moved, you can change the intent from Spending to Savings. Or for a savings account that you want moved, you can change the intent from Savings to Spending. This will move the account in the Account Bar to the other group.
    3. Once it is in the other group, you can rearrange it in the Account Bar among the other accounts in that group by the by the click-an-drag method.

There are limitations as to which Intent options are available each account so it will not work the way you might want it to in all cases. In the example mentioned above, it is possible to use the Intents interchangeably for checking and savings accounts (or with investment, retirement or asset accounts). But it is not possible to group a checking or savings account with a credit card account. You'll just need to play around with the Intent options for each account to see how they can be changed.

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

Been using Quicken for decades, but I'm on the verge of giving up on it. Was not able to reconcile my BofA accounts. The downloaded transactions did not reflect the BofA statements, and I can't see what's wrong…

• Hugh Mealy
    Hugh Mealy Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.