Quicken Bill Manager - Setup & Usage

Options

Comments

• Stephen Blendermann
    Options

Terms of use finally loaded and I was able to schedule a payment to Kohls. I added Kohls before I agreed to the Terms of Use. The four billers that I tried to add after accepting the Terms of Use all received "Still connecting to…" status.

Steve

• Quicken Abhishek
    Quicken Abhishek Member, Moderator, Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Greg Brown We will follow-up shortly on the crashes and the display rendering issues noted. Thank you for being so thorough with your documentation.

To help our troubleshooting, could you please share your log files? That will also help us understand why we responded with an error when attempting to make the $5 payment to Discover. You can send us log files by clicking on "Help" on the Quicken toolbar and selecting "Report a problem." Thanks again.

• Quicken Abhishek
    Quicken Abhishek Member, Moderator, Employee, Windows Beta, Mac Beta, Canada Beta Beta
    Options

We appreciate you sharing your feedback regarding bill presentment. It's clear that there's room for improvement, and we are actively addressing the issues you've raised. For instance, we've identified a minor bug where the Bills & Income dashboard doesn't sync bill amounts with the server, in turn diminishing the overall user experience. Moreover, we're actively enhancing usability, making tasks like biller deletion more efficient through the bill row dropdown. Please stay tuned-in as we continue our efforts to enhance both the reliability and usability of bill presentment.

• Quicken Abhishek
    Options

@Stephen Blendermann I'm glad to hear the Terms of Use eventually loaded. Did you simply close your initial attempt and then retry? Could you please provide more details about the actions you took? On this screen, we attempt to load the contents of a webpage, so I would think the internet connection would be the most probable factor.

Regarding your billers, I do see that two of the four billers have completed syncing. Could you click on the update logo on the top right of the Bills & Income dashboard? That will bring up them up to speed. Thank you!

• Greg Brown
    Greg Brown Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Quicken Business and Personal-R55.26. Windows 11 PRO current on updates

• Greg Brown
    Options

There was also the initial $1.00 quickpay that I attempted for Discover that failed…

• The Big Apple
    The Big Apple Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I definitely have this issue with regular Quicken (prod) and Quicken Beta. It is very annoying, and as you mentioned, has been happening for awhile - hope they can find a solution to this.

• Stephen Blendermann
    Options

All I did was wait a day and try again. It eventually loaded. Internet connection was good as I was able to access the community to post about the problem.

Clicked on Fix It for American Express, Discover Card, Target, and Xcel Energy. Xcel synced. AmEx and Discover received "still waiting", Target got unable to update billers (see below). Hit the update button and AmEx and Discover synced. Fix It failed, but Update worked. That makes no sense. Fix It for Target still failed.

Steve

• Stephen Blendermann
    Options

Received an email notification that there was a new bill for Xcel Energy. Production version found it. Beta version is "still connecting to Xcel Energy".

Steve

• Greg Brown
    Options

Didn't expect this in the Beta for QuickPay but my Merrill investment accounts were arbitrarily changed from "complete" view to "simple" view. I changed it back to "complete" view and now Can't download transactions. Not cool…

• Kerry Lawson
    Kerry Lawson Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Clicked on Quick Pay in order to pay a biller NOT on the supported biller list (was told that non-supported billers could be paid using current technologies). The system prompted for Account information in the same manner as supported billers. The Quick Pay Payment screen appeared with a prompt "Ensure delivery of your payment" by 'adding details for your payee' which is a hyperlink to additional information as follows:

However, the link does not explain or address what details can be added to your payee but rather explains How to install Quicken, how to backup and restore files, etc. See below:

The remaining steps to complete the Quick Pay were normal and the bill was 'Scheduled'.

• Kerry Lawson
    Options

Encountering problems setting up new billers"

Also received CC-501 error when connecting an account for download access.

• Greg Brown
    Options

Quicken crashed attempting to delete an online biller (TECO Peoples Gas).

Faulting application name: qw.exe, version: 27.2.62.4, time stamp: 0x64ec2d6a
    Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.9167.0, time stamp: 0x648f6beb
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x005dedf5
    Faulting process id: 0x0x2D14
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E496B860EE42
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\clr.dll
    Report Id: e06fabae-c23a-4ccf-9582-c1d4467ed9f9
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• BarryGraham
    BarryGraham Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

I clicked on the box at the top to learn more, but then said I would come back later. The box went away and I seem to have no way of enabling this feature any more. How do I make this window come back again so that I can enroll properly? UPDATE - Answer - click on the Gear and click on "Additional Quick Pay Connections". Not exactly intuitive, it would be better if the box at the top didn't go away until you have followed the steps.

The payee I want to pay, American Express, is not showing "Quick Pay" as an option on the Bill Manager page, only "Enter" or "Check Pay" even though both of them have bills that need paying. American Express IS in the list of supported payees. This is a shame because I am ready to test this feature out with my two American Express bills that are showing on Bill Manager. Also only one of them is showing a payment due even though both have payments due.

I know it's set up properly because I see one payee (but I don't have a balance due to pay).

Barry Graham
    Quicken H&B Subscription
  • Kerry Lawson
    Options

Attempted to add State Farm as a biller, not a 'supported biller' but received the following error message:

I immediately went to a web browser and entered the same userid/password and it worked just fine.

• Kerry Lawson
    Options

It appears that when a 'Still Connecting to biller' error is encountered, the linked reminder is modified by "updating this instance". The due date is updated and the amount is set to zero although the split detail, if included, remains unchanged. In the examples below, the due date is arbitrary and is NOT the scheduled due date. Because the amount due is 0.00, the reminder is no longer included in the "Projected Balance" view distorting available funds.

This is another example supporting my recommendation submitted as part of Off-cycle testing to treat the reminder as the planned payment and is the 3rd amount to show under the current bill column of Bill Manager dashboard. This amount should NOT be modified by Bill Pay. Due Date could be modified to reflect the biller required due date once OSU completes normally but not when it fails.

Currently, we have the minimum balance and the statement balance. My recommendation is that the reminder (planned expenditure) be placed in front of the minimum and is the amount shown in the Projected Balance window. An example in this case would be $173.95 / $29.00 / $2,849.94. Performing an OSU would NOT impact the Planned Expenditure (reminder) amount. When the bill is actually paid the user can adjust the amount to pay as needed based on any cash flow issues that might have arisen since planned.

• Greg Brown
    Options

Previously when I had a to do; "You have a message from BofA," When I clicked on it, it would bring up the list of messages from BofA. Now it brings up the transaction list…

• Kerry Lawson
    Options

Three bills were paid using Quick Pay - Best Buy, Black Hills Energy, and Scheel's Visa (a non-supported biller). Best Buy was initiated on 9/10 to be paid on 9/11. The morning of 9/11, I received an email from Best Buy credit card that payment had been scheduled and provided a confirmation number. On 9/12, an email was received from Best Buy that payment had been posted. However, Quicken still reports as Processing:

No email was received from Quicken regarding Best Buy. The confirmation number was not recorded in the Payment Status window.

Black Hills Energy processed correctly on the scheduled date, email received from Quicken that payment had been processed, email received from Black Hills Energy that payment had been scheduled.

Scheel's Visa processed the same as Black Hills Energy

• Greg Brown
    Options

Added Navy FCU several days ago but it still is "Still Connecting". This Navy FCU has two credit cards; Visa and American Express. I have attempted to add it on several occasions, but it NEVER connects.

• Greg Brown
    Options

US Bank - State Farm Credit Card shows up as "Marked Paid on Sep 9" however this is a new card and has never been used and has a zero balance…

• Greg Brown
    Options

Quicken crashed while refreshing bill for Capital One:

Faulting application name: qw.exe, version: 27.2.62.4, time stamp: 0x64ec2d6a
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2134, time stamp: 0xcfd48485
    Exception code: 0xc0000374
    Fault offset: 0x000eca4f
    Faulting process id: 0x0x1D54
    Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D9E634CC7FEE4A
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Quicken\qw.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 123f9fe2-69ce-46ad-a435-920ed81588f6
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

• Greg Brown
    Options

Ran review/repair online billers got this popup:

Not sure why BMO Harris showed up 3 times and yet it is still on the bills/income tab as on online biller…

• Kerry Lawson
    Options

A second payment was made to Best Buy today and the process was more in line with expectations. By 9:20 am, status had changed to paid and Best Buy had a payment scheduled.

• Greg Brown
    Options

Once again, pending transactions are being included in the "online" balance for Bank of America. This was an issue a few months ago as well…

• Greg Brown
    Options

TECO payment posted successfully to TECO, still pending at Bank.

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

I just cant use Quicken to pay bills as Billers List is always losing or never getting connected:

Tried adding Kohls Card and Amazon store card and I get the Still Connecting to XXXXX . But, they never come in after many days.

Also, I have been for Months trying to get Bank Of America and Chase credit cards BUT they add quickly but then either stop updating or even get removed completely from online billers with an out of Sync error.

All my bills are on autopay from biller web sites which is MUCH more reliable.

I just dont really have billers to test but do NOT see Quicken online bills reliable enough to use and avoid late charges etc..

• Birdman24
    Birdman24 Windows Beta Beta
    Options

When the QBM Beta began, I had recently paid my Barclaycard bill. However, I did make payment for a recent charge and the payment was successful. When I received my current Barclaycard statement, I attempted to make a QuickPay payment but I received an error that I needed to correct the sign-on information.

When I tried to Refresh Bill as directed, I get an error that Quicken is Unable to Update Billers.

• Greg Brown
    Options

Even though the TECO payment posted to TECO and BofA it still shows "processing" in the account register.

• Greg Brown
    Options

I received notice this AM that BMO Harris payment was not received by 9/14, even though it appears on their website. It has NOT processed through BofA as of today. They are charging me a $25 late fee…

Here was the email I received from Quicken on 9/14

• Greg Brown
    Options

Navy FCU still refuses to connect Online Bill…

This discussion has been closed.