How can I select transactions from an account (or register) and export them to excel?

Options
Alec Scott
Alec Scott Member ✭✭

I am using Quicken for windows and when I look at the transactions for an account I periodically would like to copy a number of transactions and then export them to an excel file.

Best Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can go to File > Print <account name> or hit Ctrl-P then select a date range and click on Print. Select the Export option and CSV file to make an Excel compatible file. You can't select the columns to include, but the layout is different depending on whether the register is in 1-line or 2-line mode.

Or you can use the report at Reports > Banking > Transaction. This has a more flexible column selection and filtering but does not include the running balance. To export, click on the icon with the green arrow to the right of the printer at the top of the report. If you choose Copy to clipboard, you can paste the data into a spreadsheet.

QWin Premier subscription
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This works for me…

• highlight a transaction is Quicken
    • depress the shift key on your keyboard and move your cursor down to the last transaction you want to include in the range of transactions (If you only want to select certain transactions, depress the Cntl key and then select transactions)
    • right click and select "copy transactions"
    • Open an Excel spreadsheet, select a row, and right-click-paste or use the Cntrl V command on the keyboard
    • You will then have to expand the Excel columns so all the data will be visible. I assume you are familiar with Excel and know how to do this.
    • the balance column field will show numbers in the general format such as 590 so you will need to format the cells to display "currency" $590.00

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can go to File > Print <account name> or hit Ctrl-P then select a date range and click on Print. Select the Export option and CSV file to make an Excel compatible file. You can't select the columns to include, but the layout is different depending on whether the register is in 1-line or 2-line mode.

Or you can use the report at Reports > Banking > Transaction. This has a more flexible column selection and filtering but does not include the running balance. To export, click on the icon with the green arrow to the right of the printer at the top of the report. If you choose Copy to clipboard, you can paste the data into a spreadsheet.

QWin Premier subscription
  • The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

This works for me…

• highlight a transaction is Quicken
    • depress the shift key on your keyboard and move your cursor down to the last transaction you want to include in the range of transactions (If you only want to select certain transactions, depress the Cntl key and then select transactions)
    • right click and select "copy transactions"
    • Open an Excel spreadsheet, select a row, and right-click-paste or use the Cntrl V command on the keyboard
    • You will then have to expand the Excel columns so all the data will be visible. I assume you are familiar with Excel and know how to do this.
    • the balance column field will show numbers in the general format such as 590 so you will need to format the cells to display "currency" $590.00

• Alec Scott
    Alec Scott Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to both responses. I have checked them out and they all work.

• tsquared80
    tsquared80 Member ✭✭
    Options

Following up on this ticket. For years I have been able to do just this, but since this most recent Quicken update (R52.28, Build 27.1.52.28), when I copy transactions and paste to excel, the information no longer delimits; each transaction row is pasted into one cell in Excel.

• tsquared80
    tsquared80 Member ✭✭
    Options

Please disregard. After reverting to 52.20 & 52.19, the issue persists.

This discussion has been closed.