Customize Report format

Options
George Meha
George Meha Unconfirmed, Member
edited October 2023 in Reports (Windows)

Most of the reports generated are oriented from left to right on the screen. How do I modify that format to produce a report that goes down the page?

Best Answer

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please explain. I think most reports are a single column with the Accounts or Categories going down the page. What do you want going down the page? Or do you want to print the report sideways (Landscape)?

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

Answers

• volvogirl
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please explain. I think most reports are a single column with the Accounts or Categories going down the page. What do you want going down the page? Or do you want to print the report sideways (Landscape)?

• George Meha
    Options

For example generating a monthly report for a utility produces a report that can’t be printed on one page, even landscape. I want to get the report on a single page if possible.

• volvogirl
    Options

Oh, I don't know Mac but when you print there must be a printer setting to print on one page or scale or zoom it. Or why doesn't it fit? What columns do you have going across the page? Is it for 1 month or are a lot of months going across?

• George Meha
    Options

I am in the learning stage, transitioning from (ugh!) Quick Books. I was experimenting for end of year reports with monthly entries and YTD. It is too long to print on a page.
    Thanks!

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Your community profile says you are using Quicken for Windows but you posted in Quicken for Mac. After you let us know which you are using, we can help.

Also, regardless of platform, which specific report are you working with? A transaction report? A summary report?

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2023
    Options

@George Meha You can control the orientation of a printed report in the Print dialog box. There is also a checkbox there for forcing a report to be one (or more) pages wide:

(EDITING to add: I realized after posting that I created this screenshot on a Mac running macOS Catalina, so your Print dialog box may look different depending which version of macOS you're using — but these controls will be present even if the dialog box layout is different.)

Additionally, if you adjust the column widths in the on-screen report before printing, it will impact the width of columns in the printed version.

If you're still having problems, could you provide more details about what data is in the report you're trying to print (e.g. what type of report, Transaction or Summary; what are the rows and what are the columns?)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.