Update Historical Prices - not all showing in menu - Investing - Update - Historical Prices (edit)

Options
netguydave
netguydave Member ✭✭

I'm selecting Investing>Update>Historical Prices

It only displays 23 of my 60 securities. I do not have any Hidden. Many historical prices where wrong so I chose to Repair the historical prices but that didn't work so I chose to Delete and Rebuild. That worked for the 23 securities displayed but the remaining 37 securities not displayed have no way to download historical prices - to my knowledge. How do I get the remaining 37 securities to update their historical prices?

I ran Validate File - there were no errors.

Windows 10 Pro: vR52.20: build27.1.52.20

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please clarify what you mean by "23 securities displayed but the remaining securities not displayed". Unless they are hidden, they should all be displayed in the Securities List.

Specifically regarding your question about how to download historical security prices: If you have not already done so, you might want to review the Support Article regarding this at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-update-security-prices .

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

yeah - look at the Security List - and there should be any and all of your ever used securities -
    The question is….. which ones are marked for - Download Quotes

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

It should be noted that even if a security is checked for Download Quotes, if you are not holding any shares of that security the quotes for it will not download.

If you want quotes to download for securities with no shares held, be sure to check the box for Watch List. Then the quotes for those securities should download.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

Please clarify what you mean by "23 securities displayed but the remaining securities not displayed". Unless they are hidden, they should all be displayed in the Securities List.

Specifically regarding your question about how to download historical security prices: If you have not already done so, you might want to review the Support Article regarding this at https://www.quicken.com/support/how-update-security-prices .

• netguydave
    netguydave Member ✭✭
    Options

When selecting "Download historical prices" it only shows 23 securities. But when you open the "Security list" I have 60. I'm trying to find a way for the "Download historical prices" window to show all 60. I have deselected any securities that are marked "Hidden" in the Security list window.

Thank you for the link…I performed every process listed but, unfortunately, the Download historical prices window still only shows 23 of my 60 securities.

I can open the Security list, choose a security unavailable in the Download historical prices window and select Update but that only updates today's price - not the past 5 years of historical prices.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the other 37, do you currently own those in a Quicken account OR are they checked in the security list as a Watch list security? If no, check the watch list box and see if that helps. (I’d confirm myself but am not able to right now.)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

yeah - look at the Security List - and there should be any and all of your ever used securities -
    The question is….. which ones are marked for - Download Quotes

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

It should be noted that even if a security is checked for Download Quotes, if you are not holding any shares of that security the quotes for it will not download.

If you want quotes to download for securities with no shares held, be sure to check the box for Watch List. Then the quotes for those securities should download.

• netguydave
    netguydave Member ✭✭
    Options

Ps56k2 & Boatnmaniac…your posts fixed the problem. Once I selected "Watch List" items they started appearing in the Dowload historical prices window. I don't use the Watch List feature of Quicken so only some of them were checked - I never gave that column any consideration. So, not only do you have to select "Download Quotes" column but you have to also select "Watch List" to download historical prices. I would never have guessed that. I tried something else that's curious…I deselected ALL from the Watch List column but about 10 still showed up. Maybe Quicken can add a column named "Dowload Historical Prices" column to remedy the confusion. Thank you both very much.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Interesting….. I went to —→ Investing —> Update —> Historical Prices
    and got a confusing result -
    these listed entries have NO [x] in the Security List - 3COM - ACCLAIM - and yet the others are mixed result - weird -
    BTW - the Customize View has ALL securities selected, so no filtering there…
    …. so ??

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.