Schedule B - Interest & Dividends Report on Mac

Options
2»

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

I just did this test and and I agree that something has been messed up — recently — with the tax status of Investments sub-categories.

I have a blank data file I created in Quicken Mac back in late 2021. Here's what the Investements su-categories look like:

I just created a new blank data file, and here's what the Investments sub-categories look like:

All the tax-related check boxes are missing, and none of those tax-related sub-categories have the associated tax schedule and tax line they should have.

I then repeated this test of creating a new file on another Mac which is running Quicken Mac version 6.12.7, which came out in February 2023. The categories are all properly coded as tax-related. So this problem was introduced in one of the version 7.x releases between April and July.

It never occurred to me that this could have changed! Good work by @jtkqboston to figure this out, as @Jon and I have both now confirmed. This bug will be affecting any user who has created a new Quicken Mac data file, from scratch or from a Quicken Windows conversion, in the past several months. I'll also post this in the Quicken Mac beta testing forum to see if it can get any attention there.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Options

I spoke to Quicken support today. They're filing a case to send it up the chain to the product team. If/when I hear anything back, I'll let you all know.

• Quicken Dan
    Quicken Dan Member, Employee ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A quick note from the trenches — this was brought to my attention today by another engineer that happened to see this thread. Indeed, it's a very good catch, thanks for all the excellent sleuthing!

At any rate, the timing was perfect. I was able to get a fix in today, so the next new version you see won't have this problem. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention!

(btw, it affected only the built-in investment categories, and only in data files created since around v7.2)

-Quicken Dan

• jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the news.

Any word on how to fix my existing data file?

• Quicken Dan
    Options

Sorry I was not clear. The tax IDs didn't go anywhere, we just become temporarily blind to them, so if you used the investment categories, the tax information should just magically appear in the next update.

• jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, that's good news. What worried me is that old files created before this defect still had the tax categories correct. So I was guessing that something inside the data file created while the defect is present will need correction.

• Quicken Dan
    Options

OK - rollout of v7.3 has begun, which includes this fix. You can wait to be notified, or you can manually check for updates and it should be offered to you. As noted before, you shouldn't have to take any other action. The tax references which were previously not visible/active should just start working.

• Rafi Schwartz
    Rafi Schwartz Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

a big thank you to all involved in getting this fixed 😀

• jtkqboston
    jtkqboston Member ✭✭
    Options

Most excellent and amazingly rapid response and fix. Thanks @Quicken Dan for fast-tracking this into 7.3!

This discussion has been closed.