Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options

Answers

• Regina@
    Regina@ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This has been going on for quite some time…it needs to be resolved now. I had to manually mark MANY transactions as cleared in order to reconcile to my statement. We should not have to wait this long for an issue to be resolved. Both this one and the other ongoing issue regarding invalid date error when downloading transactions. I agree…focusing on rebranding should be lower priority than fixing these issues.

• elliotkatzman
    Options

Very frustrating that Elan Financial not working!!!

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

I'm having the same problem as everyone else here—my Fidelity Rewards VISA, issued by Elan Financial, is not updating transactions. This has been ongoing for a week or 10 days for me. Since disconnecting the account, I am no longer able to connect to Elan Financial. I was able to do a manual download of transactions from my Elan account. It created a new account in Quicken, but that will not update. I'm perplexed that this issue has not been resolved by Quicken and/or Elan.

• Dan DeWeese
    Options

More on the Fidelity/Elan download issue: I have both a Discover Card and MasterCard with other financial institutions. Both of those are downloading transactions without any problems.

• John F Hutton
    John F Hutton Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I ran into this today. When I logged into my Elan site, they made me add a mobile number and are now requiring two factor authentication. It seems likely this is what is breaking the Web Connect.

I have this working for other accounts, but I believe Quicken needs to configure their accounts to add this two factor code query to get the setup working again. Would be nice to have this fixed.

Not sure how to contact at Quicken, as there does not seem to be a simple "email support request" anymore.

Latest update I have seen is:

but I have no way to leave a comment there.

• KraRan
    KraRan Member ✭✭
    Options

The problem is Quicken is accessing the WRONG web site. elanfinancialservices.com is not correct.

It should be myaccountazccess.com. Quicken… this has been open for a long time!!!

• StargazerCT
    StargazerCT Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yeah, this is getting frustrating. I was getting an FDP-105 error for a couple weeks, and today when it asked me to fix it, I was excited because it seemed to be different and was taking longer. But now I get an FDP-102 timeout error. Good catch on the URL. [Removed - Rant]

[Merged Post]

• gfalar
    gfalar Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation] this problem has been unresolved for quite some time.

It's not like Quicken is free software, we do expect the stated features of the program to actually function, don't we? [Edited - Readability]

• Randy Chevrier
    Options

Please mistake lack of resolution for lack of effort. These accounts were working fine UNTIL ELAN FINANCIAL made a change.
    I’ve had an AppleCard for years now and you don’t see me complaining to Quicken that I can’t download my daily transactions. Why? Because Apple and/or Goldman Sachs refuse to allow 3rd parties to interface with the account. The only difference with this situation is that it used to work and now it doesn’t.
    Don’t forget, unlike with AppleCard, you have a work around. You can download a qfx file of all your transactions from any date range you specify. (Apple only allows previous full month’s downloads.)

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Until it does try to “encourage” the company that needs to do the fixing.

• GregThomp
    GregThomp Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm able to log onto Elan's site and FidelityRewards.com without 2-factor authentication so I don't think that's the problem (though I had the same theory for a while). I do hope some combination of Quicken/Elan/Fidelity solves this problem or I'm going to have to stop using the credit card.

• GregThomp
    GregThomp Member ✭✭
    Options

I wonder if you've cracked it!

• GregThomp
    GregThomp Member ✭✭
    Options

Add my frustrations to the pile. Some combination of Quicken/Elan/Fidelity need to solve this or I'm going to stop using the Fidelity card and one day perhaps Quicken (which I've used since '93).

• BarryM
    BarryM Member
    Options

Same problem. Fidelity Credit Card will not update in Quicken for Mac. Error code: "FDP - 102", Error Details: "Retry. Layout has been changed."

I spoke with Elan Credit Card, Technical Support today (10/2/23), and was informed that while they are aware of the problem, there is currently no anticipated correction date. They were aware that this problem has existed for a while. They were not willing to share any additional information, and left me with the impression that fixing this problem was not a priority for them. They wouldn't give me a straight answer as to whether they even knew what was causing the problem. I hope there is a greater sense of urgency to correct this problem than what was projected to me during my phone call.

• JS408
    JS408 Member ✭✭
    Options

I talked to Elan to today and the rep said they were just discussing it in their daily meeting. Apparently they are being swamped with calls (keep it up!) are working to solve the problem for both Quicken and Quickbook. Quicken, please don't slack off on your side of the issue and please be more transparent on what is being done to solve the problem and potential ETA.

• GregThomp
    GregThomp Member ✭✭
    Options

Oops meant to quote this post. KraRan seems onto something.

• Mashru
    Mashru Member ✭✭
    Options

As a workaround, I signed on to Elan and used the download transactions feature to create a Quicken-compatible transactions file, which I imported into Quicken (Mac). It is a pain, but I can get on with my work.

• monaghan
    monaghan Member
    Options

This still is unresolved. This have been quite a while now and it needs to get fixed.

• elubat
    elubat Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue here. Going on for the last 11 days or so.

So is this a Quicken issue or an Elan issue?

• Randy Chevrier
    Options

It’s an Elan issue that only affects Quicken users so Quicken is getting all the grief from users.
    This has prompted me to call Elan about this since it’s been a two week issue at this stage.
    I may make a call to my Fidelity Brokerage folks to let them know Elan is dropping the ball on their mutual customers.

• 9Scoops
    9Scoops Member ✭✭
    Options

Has Quicken mentioned what the exact issue is? I keep hoping for an update to the bulletin but the last one was in mid-Sept. Still hoping we get a fix soon..

• CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list of frustrated Quicken users with Elan connection. It would be helpful if Quicken would prioritize and reach out directly to Elan to facilitate a resolution.

Quicken User Since - 1991
  • CMRater
    CMRater Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just tried to log on to Elan and got this message: "Couldn't load component!"

Prior to that they had a message indicating they were making changes to make our experience " better". This type of effort often results in a poorer experience.

I had also called them and they acknowledged the problem citing multiple calls. May call them again employing the "squeaky wheel" tactic.

Quicken User Since - 1991
  • derosia80433
    Options

Incredibly frustrating. This is the ONLY credit card my wife and I use, and we use it for all our spending. Quicken is basically worthless without the ability to download transactions.

• karvel
    karvel Member ✭✭
    Options

Just adding to the thread to denote that I am having the same issue as others. It is extremely frustrating that that is issue is taking so long to resolve.

• JoeQkn
    JoeQkn Member ✭✭
    Options

The lack of updates on this issue from Quicken is extremely disappointing. The thread opened by Quicken located at:

was last updated on Sept 26, yet there have been many more comments posted by aggravated users about this issue since Quicken's update on 9/26. It is still not clear where the issue resides since both sides are blaming the other.

Although quicken offers many functions, I primarily use it now for the convenience of downloading transactions from bank and brokerage accounts seamlessly into Quicken. In the past, I also used Quicken for online banking transactions, such as bill paying. However, I can no longer use Bill Pay in Quicken for the banks where I have account as those functions have been phased out. I understand from Quicken support that Citi Bank will soon transition its connection type to Express Web Connect from Direct Connect, and that will eliminate Quicken's Bill Pay features for Citi Bank accounts.

Over the years, the trend has been the persistent elimination / minimalization of Quicken Online features.

We each pay Account Subscription Fees to Quicken for these online services, but I am starting to envision a time when the services provided (as they continue to be eliminated) will no longer justify paying for a subscription.

I certainly will not pay a subscription fee if it gets to the point where will be expected to log into each of my bank and brokerage accounts to manually download a list of transactions which then have to be manually imported into Quicken. I hope it does not get to that point after being a Quicken user for 20+ years.

• wrh3
    wrh3 Member
    Options

Same. Additionally, since the latest update, my Fidelity Visa account now shows several months in the past that are inexplicably no longer reconciled, even though I reconcile Quicken to the statement religiously every month. turns out several transactions were deleted and I need to restore them. No idea how they suddenly disappeared.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

there is an ALERT

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• cmarshall1008
    Options

I used to use my Fidelity card years ago and stopped using the card because the download broke. So after many years, I decided to try my Fidelity card again and within a few months, it's broken again. I'll be using a different card going forward. This might've been Fidelity's (Elan's) last chance with me.

• Dawntse
    Dawntse Member ✭✭
    Options

still not working as of 10/4!

This discussion has been closed.