Error download from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) (QMAC)

Options

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

While many people have found that connecting to Elan Financial Services instead of to Fidelity Rewards Credit Card to be a good working fix for them, others have not been so lucky. I do not know that that is.

For those of you who have not been successful in getting a connection established with Elan Financial Services, you might want to try another using the Web Connect method (the manual downloading of transactions in QFX or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" file format) for downloading transactions into Quicken.

If you wish to try this, I suggest the following process:

1. Backup your data file.
    2. Deactivate/disconnect your current Fidelity Rewards Credit Card connection.
    3. Log into your Fidelity Rewards online account.
    4. Select the Download option, select the date range of transactions you want to download and then select the "Quicken (QFX)" format.
    5. Open the downloaded file with Quicken.
    6. Quicken should prompt you to decide what to do with the imported data. Be sure to Link it to your existing Fidelity Rewards account in Quicken.

Your account should now be set up for manual downloading of transactions going forward.

And you might want to check the financial institution your account in Quicken now shows you are connected to. In my case (QWin), the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card was also changed to Elan Financial Services.

This is not an ideal connection method because it is somewhat manual but it does provide an option for downloading transactions until the Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect issue does get fixed.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• Alex110
    Alex110 Member ✭✭
    Options

I get CC-503 (incorrect login) using fidelityrewards.com connection (there isn't another option for Windows as far as I can tell), even though I'm copying the password from the same place I'm using the log into the website. I'm guessing there's an OTP step that I can't see. Is there a way to try to login inside the Quicken browser, perhaps? This started about a week ago.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

As mentioned several time in this thread there are two separate financial institutions that can be used for connecting and downloading the Fidelity Rewards Visa credit card. One is via Fidelity Rewards Credit Card and the other is Elan Financial Services (the company that issues and manages that credit card).

It sounds like you have been trying to download using Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. Have you tried to setup and download from Elan Financial Services, instead? There is more information about doing this in the 1st page of this thread. Before proceeding make sure to backup your data file and Deactivate your Fidelity credit card account in Quicken.

If all else fails, you could try doing the manual download process (called Web Connect) described in the post at the top of this page.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

It looks like there is a fix identified and being worked on that will be included in a future software update. See the updated posted Alert: UPDATED 9/8/23 Fidelity Rewards Credit Card - FDP-102/CC-502.

Bookmark the Alert (to the right of the Title) if you wish to be kept informed of future updates.

• Fast Eddy
    Fast Eddy Member ✭✭
    Options

Mac user. Connection issue started a couple weeks ago. When I attempt to connect my account, I get the following message…"Did you mistype your sign-in info? Please re-enter your credentials for Elan Financial Services." The website listed at the top of the page is elanfinancialservices.com. This is the website for corporate customers. The website for Fidelity Rewards VISA is myaccountaccess.com. Not sure if this is part of the issue, just something I noticed.

• Ron Mellum
    Ron Mellum Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As noted earlier, I had switched my connection over to use Elan and all was well, that is, until this morning. Now use of that connection returns the same error :(

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Ron Mellum You are not alone:

See "CC-502 Updating ELAN Financial Services"

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I am getting an error with Elan this morning as well. From what I'm seeing (error code and website info) it appears that this might be related to maintenance (which financial institutions often schedule for weekends) or some other technical issue. If this is the case it should be resolved by no later than Monday morning….hopefully even earlier than that.

Site upgrade work in process?:

A technical difficulty Elan is having? I realize this is posted on the Client Resource Center but if that shares resources with their Consumer business then this could be applicable to Quicken's access.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

It has been 30 days and counting on Quicken for Mac. It looks like this account will have to be updated manually from now on. The issues on Quicken for Mac have been increasing lately after a period of stability.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

For those who cannot wait or want to wait for the current connection issue to be resolved and do not want to manually enter transactions: I was able to successfully use the Web Connect process for manually downloading and importing a QFX ("Quicken") file this morning.

Actually, I did this twice:

In one test file, I logged into my online account at Elan and then manually linked the manually downloaded & imported file to my EWC (Quicken connect) connected Elan Financial account in Quicken.

In another test file, I logged into my Fidelityrewards.com account and then manually linked the manually downloaded & imported file to my EWC connected Fidelity Rewards account in Quicken.

Both worked as designed with transactions downloaded and online balances updated.

A couple of comments about doing WC:

1. When selecting the date range to be downloaded via WC, make sure to select a date range that does not overlap transactions dates that have been previously downloaded into Quicken. If this not done there might be some duplicate transactions entered into the account in Quicken (for the overlapping dates) that will need to be manually deleted.
    2. As long as the EWC connection is not first deactivated/disconnected, the connection method in Quicken should remain as EWC after the WC import process. If the EWC connection is first deactivated/disconnected, then the connection method in Quicken will be changed to WC.
    3. In QWin, using WC and connecting the imported file to my Fidelity Rewards account in Quicken changed the financial institution connection from Fidelity Rewards to Elan Financial….but it was still set up with EWC. I don't know if this will also happen with QMac.

• trsands
    trsands Member ✭✭
    Options

I just tried this and received the same message I have seen since this problem developed a week or so ago:

An unexpected error occurred.

Please try again later.

Care Code: FDP-102

Details:
    FI_TIMEOUT
    Retry. Layout has been changed.

Previously I tried "Update Login" and "Change Connection." Quicken connect was the only option for both.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I believe the issue from earlier this month is different from the one being experienced this yesterday and today. This weekend Elan's servers went offline for connections with Quicken, apparently due to a server issue or maintenance and it is affecting all Elan credit cards (not just Fidelity Rewards) connections. Hopefully, the Elan server issue/maintenance issue will be resolved by tomorrow morning and then we can return focus to the earlier issue regarding Fidelity Rewards Credit Card.

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

I doubt that Quicken can fix this, and Elan is obviously not interested. The only channel for squeaking, most likely, is to complain to Fidelity about the poor job their contractor, Elan, is doing with supporting Fidelity clients

• mchu168
    mchu168 Member ✭✭
    Options

Elan update has been working for me for years without a hitch until a few days ago. Please fix!!!

• tdesimone
    Options

I am having the same issue with Elan connection for the past few days. I was able to do the manual transaction download.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

I've been having this issue since 9/23. I, too, am doing the Web Connect manual transactions download process and it has been working flawlessly. Not ideal but until this issue is resolved it is a whole lot better option than entering all transactions manually.

• Kris Hartner
    Kris Hartner Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

[Removed - Speculation] Fingers crossed.

• PQuincy
    PQuincy Member ✭✭
    Options

The Elan Financial Services access, (via myaccountaccess.com) is completely down for me since September 21, 2023, after working fine all summer. Access to their website via browser also fails: there's a pre-login message that says "Our site is being updated to give you a better experience: Some functionality may be different for easier navigation", and it is now impossible to log in at the website using the credentials that worked perfectly until September 21. The website says "Your username and password are incorrect. Please try again", and if you click on the "forgot password" link, you get an internal server page that says: "Internal Error. We are experiencing Technical Difficulties. If the problem persists, please contact our Technical Support at 1-877-334-0460 for assistance.9/24/2023, 7:07:34 PM MST."

In short, this route for logging is now failing completely.

• Cruz
    Cruz Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken for Mac - Now all my Fidelity accounts (Brokerage, Cash Management and Visa rewards) are offline since yesterday. The error is 'Invalid ID", i.e., Fidelity would not recognize my accounts through Quicken. I have normal access to the Fidelity accounts on website, app, etc. Anyone else having the same problem?

• dougcurrie
    dougcurrie Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This has been reported in the past and presumably fixed, but is broken for me for the past couple days. The error reported by Update Summary is: "We were unable to connect to Elan Financial Services … (FDP-105)." Details" "Website is forbidden"!?

I tried logging in at https://login.fidelityrewards.com/ and completed actions including income reporting and accepting new Ts&Cs at Elan that others have reported interfering with Quicken Connect, still no luck.

• JS408
    JS408 Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto. Please escalate fix.

• Boog
    Boog Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here - please escalate fix.

• Randy Chevrier
    Options

Is there any importance that we are getting an FDP-105 error rather than the FDP-102 mentioned in the announcement post?

In the meantime can we download transactions in a QFX file without resulting in lots of duplicates in the future when this is fixed?

• aschro
    aschro Member
    Options

Same issue here. Stopped working a few days ago. Tried both Fidelity and Elan, neither are working for me.

• rbalbat
    rbalbat Member
    Options

Same error for me too since about 7 days ago.
    We were unable to connect to Elan Financial Services. This is usually a temporary issue. Please try again later. (FDP-105)

Details: Website is forbidden

Error Code: FI_WEBSITE_UNAVAILABLE (FDP-105)

• hgillman
    hgillman Member ✭✭
    Options

same problem here. both on windows and mac. :(

• tomlooney
    tomlooney Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Is there an estimated time frame for the Elan and Quicken connection to be working properly? It has not been working since ~ 9/20/2023

• bobj1007
    bobj1007 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is also broken with Fidelity so I also would like the timeframe for resolution.

• Ploooplooo
    Ploooplooo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same.

This discussion has been closed.