Venmo - CC-503 (QWIN)

Options

Answers

• ramos
    ramos Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same issue with Quicken telling me my Venmo logon credentials are invalid. These work fine on the Venmo site. I've tried all of the fixes that Quicken recommends. Nothing resolves it.

• Seaworthy73
    Options

I'm having same problem with one of the 3 Venmo accounts in our family. Tried the guidance provided with no change. I've confirmed that the credentials are accurate. I'm not manually entering transactions from the website while waiting for resolution between Quicken & Venmo. Eagerly awaiting the next version update. Currently I'm using R52.28.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I hope that Quicken Anja can update us on this soon. In the tracking post (…community.quicken.com/discussion/7939561/new-9-6-23-venmo-cc-503-fdp-103/p1?new=1), it's been almost a month since it was noted "This issue remains ongoing and our teams continue to work toward a solution. No ETA or further details are available at this time…'

• ramos
    ramos Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, for sure…going on too long!

• gptmegan
    gptmegan Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The community alert site has the most recent update as of 9/20. Has anyone heard anything recently?

• gptmegan
    Options

I phoned support to ask for the progress on that ticket. They advised me to 'report a problem' via the help menu in Quicken to push the ticket back up to the top of the queue and get some more traction on it.

• 2bmewtongi
    2bmewtongi Member ✭✭
    Options

Still not working. Tried deleting online services to the account and retrying. Gets to the point where it asks for the two factor authentication, put that in, and it throws the CC-503 error. Please fix!

• Ryan Z
    Ryan Z Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the issue for the last 2 months

• geoffj
    geoffj Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I also get the CC-503 error. It is still not resolved.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken, any update?? What is going on here…starting tomorrow (11/1/2023), it will be the start of the third month I've lost connectivity to Venmo. Your tracking info

hasn't been updated since 9/20/23.

• gptmegan
    Options

Interesting thing: I try pretty much every day to get the Venmo download to work. And i tried on 11/1 and it worked. Pulled in all of Nov. BUT, I also realized that the last time it worked was on 10/1. Is it possible there is some sort of 'posting' done on the venmo side at month end that enables the download to work? It hasn't worked since the 1st though. I know they post their statements at the end of every month. I wonder if Quicken is set up to only pull down in a certain scenario (statement processing)? Doesn't explain why the error is coming in as wrong credentials though.

• jeffpage
    jeffpage Member
    Options

Venmo has seemed to post nearly live in the past. That is, I would have a Venmo transaction and within a few minutes (not days nor weeks) the transactions would be available. Starting about 10 days ago I lost ALL connectivity to Venmo and can't pull any information whatsoever. The support rep (Astric in chat 2023-11-09 10:25am) claimed this is a known issue and has "…been escalated internally and we are currently working with our service provider to resolve the issue"

Jeff

• Jeffrey Dorn
    Jeffrey Dorn Member ✭✭
    Options

This is such a joke! I have spent hours on the phone and sending emails back and forth to Venmo (and Quicken). I am amazed that this many people can not use the Quicken / Venmo download and they are doing nothing to resolve the problem. Venmo requested me to change my password to resolve the problem. I did so and thought the issue was resolved because I was able to download my current balance into my Quicken Venmo Account. but then it stopped working again, and needless to say, it did not download any previous Venmo transactions or new transactions, so I set up a new Venmo Account in Quicken. A complete waste of many hours. The interface for the Venmo transaction downloads is broken and nobody thinks its important to the Quicken subscribers to repair it. Now Venmo just tells me it's Quickens problem and they will not do anything to repair it!

Basically a bunch of "Gaslighters"

Shame on you Quicken!

• as_hiker
    as_hiker Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue for me also. CC-503 error. Yes, I've followed the "try this" steps.

• gptmegan
    edited November 2023
    Options

Has anyone tried with any other software programs? I tried with [Removed - 3rd Party Software]. I got 'invalid credentials'.

• dj_larson
    dj_larson Member ✭✭
    Options

I've had the issue for the past couple of weeks and it happened again today. Thankfully, I don't use Venmo very often so have been manually adding the entries. It is frustrating!

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I believe I've gone down this path before, but upon attempting to activate Venmo d/ls on my Q (Deluxe for Win Build 53.16) this morning, a miracle (must be the season) occurred and my transactions did download. Had to clean up the duplicates and re-set the account's opening balance to force the reconciliation to be correct (as usual with this type of problem), but it did work!

As I mentioned, I think this did work for me once in the past few months after the original problem in September started occurring, but we'll see tomorrow what happens after I d/l today's Venmo transactions early tomorrow morning.

• gptmegan
    Options

Hmmm. So that's what seems to happen towards the end of the month. I've noticed that i can get the download at the end of the month. But mine only came in once: the next day it failed again. Let me know if it works again tomorrow.

• gptmegan
    Options

Well, as expected: my end of month attempt to get my Venmo activity worked. I've seen this happen every end of the month. That is the only time it comes down for me. I'll check again for the next few days to see if maybe it has been fixed.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I had posted earlier this week that indeed I did have success two days ago (Actually downloaded transactions after reconnecting), but again failed yesterday and today. I also noted I had seen this earlier (last month?) as well.

So like you, apparently works for me just once a month at the end.

Boy, ain't that weird??

I hope Quicken is listening and working of a fix…been like this since September.

• gptmegan
    Options

Yep. I think there is something to what we are seeing: only works at the end of the month.

• gptmegan
    Options

confirmed….worked that one day and hasn't worked again. I'll try again mid-month and then assume I'll get my data on 12/31. Also, not all my transactions came in with the last pull. When I reconciled against my Venmo statement, was missing around 5 (out of around 40).

Thinking i'll stop attempting in 2024 and just work from the statements downloaded into excel.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

OK, I did say about the same thing on 11/30, but that was at the end of the month and it was a one time success. BUT, that being said, I have had luck mid-month with the Venmo d/ls (including actual transactions this morning that I entered as a test yesterday) 3 days in a row! I wonder…..

• gptmegan
    Options

Got all excited and tried…nope: still getting the CC-503 error. I'm hoping it comes in on 12/31!

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

For about a week, it's worked every single day. Have u tried recently to un-register and re-register for Venmo downloads?

• gptmegan
    edited December 2023
    Options

Do you mean to go 'deactivate' and then 'reactivate" under account details→Online Services?

Yep, tried that many times. Sometimes I could reactivate but didn't work..or I had a hard time even reactivating

Don't want to remove as I've categorized a few years worth of data and can't lose it.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

yes, Deactivate, activate. I was lazy & should have used the correct technical terms.