Venmo - CC-503 (QWIN)

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Is Venmo integration broken.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue, about 3 days. When I try to deactivate/reactivate after waiting a few days, Venmo does not allow me to 'add' the account into Quicken. Their website with same credentials (userid/PW) works fine. CC-503 is returned every time.

• Randal Eggleston
    Options

Same. I called Venmo yesterday 8/31/23. They told me to wait 24 hours, tried again today 9/1/23. Before todays cc-503 I was getting cc-506 and other kinds of errors.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @AndrewQ and @Randal Eggleston,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. If you haven't done so already, I recommend following the troubleshooting steps from this article on error code CC-503 (invalid credentials):

Step One: Verify your bank login information

1. Type your password/PIN into a text application, such as Notepad, WordPad, or other text/word application. 

Note: This is a way of confirming you don't have typographical errors in this field.  

1. Highlight the "confirmed" password and then copy it (Ctrl + C) and paste it (Ctrl + V) into the appropriate fields in Quicken.

Step Two: Verify your bank login at the bank's website

1. Go to your bank's website and use your credentials to log in to the bank's website.
    2. Confirm that you're able to log in to the bank's website with the expected username and password.

Step Three: Update your password(s) in Quicken

1. Launch Quicken and go to Tools > Password Vault > Add/Edit Passwords.
    2. Click on the account in the Password Vault.
    3. Choose Delete Password for the account.
    4. Complete a One Step Update, you will be prompted to enter the password manually.
    5. Type in the password (the same one used on the bank's website) and check in the box marked Save next to the password field.
    6. Click Update Now.

If there is no option to delete and update the password, or if the login ID/username also needs to be changed:

1. Choose Tools > Account List.
    2. Click the Edit button next to the account you want to change the login ID for.
    3. In the Account Details window, click the Online Services tab.
    4. Click Deactivate, and then click Yes to deactivate online services.
    5. Click Yes again, if necessary, to confirm your choice.
    6. Repeat these steps to deactivate all accounts at this same bank.
    7. Return to the Online Services tab, and click Set up Now for each account you've deactivated.
    8. Enter the correct login ID and follow the on-screen prompts to activate your account.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

As I believe I said, I did all that.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

If you have followed all of those steps and it is still giving you a CC-503 error, I recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

• Hockeygod6
    Hockeygod6 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same issue

• capncrunch
    capncrunch Member ✭✭
    Options

Same CC-503 issue with Venmo

• Eli Sherer
    Eli Sherer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am NOT having a CC-503 error that I can see… Quicken simply does NOT login to Venmo! I tried to reset the account, at which time my password failed… completely! This is not a password issue, as I can login to Venmo on web and app. It's a Quicken connection issue.

• lv2compute
    lv2compute Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having this issue. I followed all the steps and this is still happening. I have tried over several days time with the same result.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Eli, the 503 comes in when one does a 'deactivate' thriough the ACCOUNTS menu. That breaks the link between your Quicken file and the Venmo account. Then when one tries to reestablish the connect via the ACTIVATE DOWNLOADS on the ACCOUNTS menu using the same USERID and PASSWORD that works (As you say from the Venmo logon screen) the CC-503 is displayed in the upper right hand corner when the attempted activation occurs.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I submitted a ticket directly to Venmo via their website yesterday. It might be helpful if all people who have this issue with them do the same.

(I am not sure who is at "fault" here, Quicken or Venmo. It's not as simple as simply saying that it must be Quicken since one can logon using the correct userid/password combination. When Quicken attempts to communicate with Venmo, I would expect that code and connection path to be different from the human user doing a browser connection.)

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to report this error here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you Anja. I did hear from Venmo support this evening, and they told me:

"Santhosh here from Venmo support to help you out today.

I understand you have some issue with Quicken, I kindly request you to contact the quicken support to resolve this at best.

They will be the best to help you in resolving this issue for you."

Am I to take it based on both your and Santhosh's reply that you folks believe it is a Quicken problem? If so, although I am sad to have this situation, I certainly would rather you folks own and fix it from your end.

I'll wait for your reply, and if that is true, I'll wait for the resolution on your end. Thank you very much for the update.

• contactryanwalsh
    Options

began having the same issue a few days ago, around Sep 1st, 2023 as well. one step update completes, but tells me Venmo didn't update correctly. Asks to troubleshoot. first question is if I changed my password recently. I select "No" and then it returns a message that my venmo account is all better and updated. Next time I do a one step update, same routine. So, after a few days, I did indeed deactivate and attempt to reactivate the online portion of the account in the account edit account details, online section. Then, that's when it tells me my password is wrong, kicks out the CC-503 error and I simply have to cancel and do without the update for now. Just weighing in here, no solution from me at this point. for the record, been a quicken user for over 20 years at least

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Anja - Hi there! Any word on the progress? (I can't post this query in your other post). I have many Venmo transactions that I would really like to be able to download into my register. Thanks for any updates you might have.

• Labyrinth
    Labyrinth Member ✭✭
    Options

Loaded a Quicken update this morning and was now able to reactivate my connection and download Venmo transactions!

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

@Labyrinth Great! I did NOT receive an update this morning….what version are you using? I am on R52.20 for Windows and I tried anyway. SUCCESS!!! I would think perhaps it was a back-end issue somewhere, and not directly related to the executable on my PC, especially if I did nothing to 'fix' it from my end (such as downloading a new release). Thanks again for your post!

• Labyrinth
    Labyrinth Member ✭✭
    Options

Same - R52.20

• e-money
    e-money Member ✭✭
    Options

having the same problem AFTER the update. i am 100% certain i'm using the correct venmo id & pw but no luck with quicken

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Bummer! And after last night's success, it failed again (even after a disconnect/connect process as well). Wow! Still bummed.

• Randal Eggleston
    Options

Venmo download is now working and has been all of this week. (9/11-9/15/23) 😀

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

weeksweeksNot for me on September 15th at 9/15 EDT! this morning! Two nights ago it did for a one download, but that was the best I've had in about 2 . weeks.

• e-money
    e-money Member ✭✭
    Options

spoke to quicken tech support who couldn't figure it out and said it would be escalated and someone would get right back to me. so far no change. my wife's venmo account is working fine so it's not a venmo problem.

• cpollack
    cpollack Member ✭✭
    Options

I posed this issue to Venmo's team, and received this response:

"Regarding the Quicken, I see that a while back Venmo used to be partnered with Quicken. Unfortunately, we no longer have the partnership that would pair their Venmo transaction history to a 3rd party accounting app."

My version of Quicken (Windows R52.20) still won't connect to Venmo.

• e-money
    e-money Member ✭✭
    Options

This doesn't make sense. Both my wife and I have venmo accounts and my wife's account still works with quicken fine.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Always "fun" when the two parties point at each other. FWIW, in the official post (see ABOVE), Quicken Anja JUST posted today (9/20) the following: "ONGOING 9/20/23 

This issue remains ongoing and our teams continue to work toward a
    solution. No ETA or further details are available at this time, and this
    Alert will be updated once more information, updates, etc become
    available.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja"

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

Re-reading this, I wasn't fair. I didn't mean to ever imply Quicken blamed Venmo. I was frustrated with Venmo's reply about not having a relationship with Quicken. Quicken, to their credit, indicates their team is working to correct the problem without assigning blame. My bad.

• rmfindc
    rmfindc Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue as the other customers above — CC-503 error and I'm absolutely using the correct credentials. Checked Venmo website and had no problems getting into my account there. Also have most current version 52.20. Concerned about the comments about possible partnership disconnect between Venmo and Quicken. First Kohls, now Venmo?

• CheneG
    CheneG Member
    Options

I'm not able to add my Venmo account to Quicken again. Is there any ETA? I can logon to their app and website without an issue but receive a check my username/password in Quicken.

• Randal Eggleston
    Randal Eggleston Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

I once again started getting the CC-503 on 10/2/23. I've followed all of the suggested and have not had any success.