E*TRADE Update Error OL-295 (WINDOWS)

Options

Answers

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

the latest today: I was able to do the manual download from the Etrade online transaction page and import to quicken so my balance/transactions match Etrade.

However, etrade no longer appears in the automatic update list and shows no method of connect for online services when checking etrade in the account list.

no progress except for manual download capability

• spenmay1943
    spenmay1943 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having same problem with E*TRADE. One account download but it was after changing Password. The other account isn't recognized any more.

Will have to wait until the problem is corrected by whomever is the culprit!

• M$D
    M$D Member ✭✭
    Options

I had to change my password twice this weekend, and each time web access worked until the next "password invalidation" email. I changed my username on ETrade and my password has not been invalidated since.

• SPSchnoor
    SPSchnoor Member ✭✭
    Options

Experiencing the same issue since 11/11/23. Error OL-295-A. Please add me to the list of those who can verify and duplicate this issue.

• dar322
    dar322 Member ✭✭
    Options

What are we paying for?

• David Fash
    David Fash Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also experiencing this issue since 11/12/2023.

• ITVGuy2000
    ITVGuy2000 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same issue with ETrade. Unable to connect/update. Deactivated and ran setup again. OL-295-A.

• LeeManPA
    LeeManPA Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm curious about the emails to reset passwords. Are any of you folks that received the email using 2FA on the website?

• David Fash
    David Fash Member ✭✭
    Options

@LeeManPA I am not using 2FA.

• the3roots
    the3roots Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@LeeManPA , I'm not using 2FA either.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

I’m not using 2fa either. Still issues

• grthomps
    grthomps Member ✭✭
    Options

FWIW, I was able to go to download transactions on the ETrade site and manually download each account. I have several accounts so not optimal, but better than updating transactions manually. Saves me some work until they get this fixed. Be careful if you do this to match the correct downloaded file to the correct account!

I also have an ETrade Bank account. Strangely it seems to work fine. So, I guess this has to do with the investment side of things.

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

grthomps

Have done it. Hope the fix is soon

• cvn68rx
    cvn68rx Member
    Options

I reset the Etrade and Quicken passwords then change the connection to Web Express. Linked to the existing accounts. Now it is updating OK.

• dar322
    dar322 Member ✭✭
    Options

yeah no updates. i deleted etrade in quicken, wont let me add account. i can login to etrade via website.

• tchalupny
    tchalupny Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same problem since 11/10. Have tried multiple things to setup online connection again and nothing works. Really frustrating. The JP Morgan investment download also has multiple bugs that never seem to get fixed and I spend hours fixing bad downloaded transactions. The cost of having Quicken keeps increasing but the number of useful features never seems to increase but the number of issues around the transaction downloads seems to keep getting worse. This should be a key feature that is a huge time saver, but since last year this has become a very frustrating utter waste of time. I would gladly pay more for Quicken if it actually worked as advertised and saved me time, instead of becoming a job trying to fix transactions that are missing or not correct.

• dc0063
    dc0063 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

OL295 A

Etrade's response was that it was an internal issue that is being worked. There is nothing, at least now, for us to do to expedite.

• tchalupny
    tchalupny Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Success. Was able to setup online update again and relinked account. Looks like some progress has been made on getting this issue fixed. I Deactivated online service on account this weekend. Was able to enable it again just a few minutes ago. Missing transactions from Friday successfully downloaded. I only have brokerage account so cannot say if banking is working or not.

• Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    Options

At tchalupny, did this include brokerage accounts or just banking?

• tchalupny
    tchalupny Member ✭✭
    Options

@Roger Kint Thanks for question. I only have brokerage account and that seems fine now. Not sure if banking is working or not.

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I just now was able to download transactions from my brokerage account. Have never disconnected, never reset password. Never did anything and thought I would try again. It is working as I write this. Not sure if it will hold.

• lgent8
    lgent8 Member ✭✭
    Options

it works 4 59 pm est

• Franniedc
    Franniedc Member ✭✭
    Options

it’s working 506 pm

• jschunk
    jschunk Member
    Options

etrade sent out an email a few hours ago:

At E*TRADE, we work hard to safeguard your personal information. As a precaution, your current password has been disabled and a new one must
    be set.

To securely reset your password, please visit etrade.com and click the Forgot User ID or Password? link, below the log on button.

As always, we appreciate your business. If you have questions, call us anytime at 800-ETRADE-1 (800-387-2331). From outside the US, call +1 678 624 6210.

HOWEVER, the web site password reset functionality does not work, you get "We are unable to reset your password online" error message. Nor, does using the IVRU allow a temporary password to be given. You have to talk to someone.

However #2, after updating to new password, I can log into the web site. BUT, no joy after updating the password in Quicken's Password Vault — still no Quicken access. Still "Your financial institution has rejected this transaction. For more information, contact your financial institution."

• Movie Nut
    Movie Nut Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Just did my daily Quicken account updates and all accounts worked including Etrade.

I did not disconnect or reset my Etrade account. I did receive the Etrade email on 11/11/23 about my Etrade password being disabled and I did reset my Etrade password and updated it in the Quicken vault. However this did not fix the download issue. But this afternoon it is working.

P.S. I have not seen any updates in the Quicken tread "NEW 11/11/23 Quicken E*Trade - OL-295/HTTP-403 or OFX:16503"

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
    Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Subscription
    Intel Core i7-12700, 32GB Ram
  • JFM88
    JFM88 Member
    Options

This issue appears to be related to Quickens' recent decision announced in a September 12th, 2023 memo (Article ID: GEN00781) indicating a change to an enhanced encrypted download architecture for account activity to be labeled Express Web Connect, a change from Direct Connect. Each of my E*Trade accounts were downloading normally until 11/10/23 using Direct Connect architecture. In an effort to recover the error many of us noted, I deactivated each account download command within each separate Quicken account under the "Edit Account Details" (little gear upper right corner of each account screen) "Online Services" tab. I then went back into ONE of the accounts to "Set Up Online Services" and was prompted to enter E*Trade logon credentials. Once "Quicken E*Trade" was on the E*Trade (MStanley) side of the firewall, it harvested ALL OF MY VARIOUS accounts and allowed me to re-establish download capability using "Express Web Connect" (encrypted) architecture, with drop-down menus presented allowing for selection of each account that was found through a "Link to an Existing Quicken Account" choice. Out of 8 accounts, only 2 (an IRA and Coverdell IRA) were prevented from connecting using the new encrypted Express Web Connect. Within your Online Update Vault (Manage Passwords) list, newly formed connections using Express Web Connect will have a "gold key" symbol indicating encryption. I was forced to revert to the Direct Connect architecture until the two excluded accounts are recognized by Quicken E*Trade as eligible for connection with Express Web Connect. I can only guess that this issue is being worked on diligently by MStanley.

I hope this helped at least 1 other loyal Quicken user out there!

• Movie Nut
    Movie Nut Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am using Direct Connect and it worked today.

"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
    Windows 11 Pro, Quicken Subscription
    Intel Core i7-12700, 32GB Ram
  • tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Options

Today, 11/13/23, I could not sign onto my ETrade accounts via the web. Access disabled, perhaps because of my (failed) attempts to connect in Quicken. Had to change my PW; could not use the one I've had for 25+ years. My wife's user ID also did not work; needed a mobile phone number to verify. They had neither phone number or security questions on record. I had security questions from years ago. Appears they were lost in the Morgan Stanley aquisition. ET rep wanted me to send a letter with photo ID to re-establish wife's ID. I told him I will not do this. Time to think about dumping ETrade.

• tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Options

After changing my ETrade PW, I was able to re-link to my Quicken accounts. Problem appears to be resolved.

This discussion has been closed.