E*TRADE Update Error OL-295 (WINDOWS)

Options
billr
billr Member ✭✭✭

I am receiving an OL-295-A error when trying to update and download transactions from ETrade. Just started today—no problems for many months. Any suggestions? Quicken Classic Premier, R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33, Windows 11.

Thanks for any help.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue here, began 11/10/23

• bnc0123
    bnc0123 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Same problem here , E*Trade OL-295-A error during One Step Update Quicken Classic Premier R52.33 Windows 10

• motjebben
    motjebben Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, began 2023_11_10.

• Ray Hallman
    Ray Hallman Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This has also been happening to me for a few days. Same error - OL-295-A, Quicken Classic Deluxe, R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33 Windows 10.

Additionally, I've been experiencing issues when having purchased more shares of existing holdings. Most recently, the name of the holding would be added in all CAPS and Quicken would see it as a mismatch rather than matching to the same name holding that is both upper and lower case. To compensate I manually edited hundreds of entries individually to match. I've had to do this multiple times since the Morgan Stanley conversion - painful but at least it was working.

• craig
    craig Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Having same issue no download from ETRADE. I get no error code. During update Red Circle next to Account name and "an error has occurred. This started for me 11/10/23 after 9pm.

• Michael Cambria
    Michael Cambria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same here.

FWIW (using a backup) I disconnected E*Trade online access. Activated again and was able to connect. Future attempts to connect failed.

• rlamirand
    rlamirand Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm experiencing the same issue with my Quicken ETrade connector. Its been working for years, but I just started getting this error

• tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Options

Beginning 11/10/23 my Etrade downloads fail, error code OL-295-A. Same issue on 3 PCs running Quicken. I have 2 ETrade accounts. All other downloads run fine. Called Etrade. They are aware and said problem is with Quicken. (Quicken support not available on weekends.) Tried to reset account. This fails with screen locked up. Need to use task manager to close Quicken. Deactivaterd online setup on one account. Cannot reactivate. Choices are "try again" or "add transactions manually."

Any experience/advice.

• tjlee089
    tjlee089 Member ✭✭
    Options

Beginning 11/10/23 my Etrade downloads fail, error code OL-295-A. Same issue on 3 PCs running Quicken. I have 2 ETrade accounts. All other downloads run fine. Called Etrade. They are aware and said problem is with Quicken. (Quicken support not available on weekends.) Tried to reset account. This fails with screen locked up. Need to use task manager to close Quicken. Deactivaterd online setup on one account. Cannot reactivate. Choices are "try again" or "add transactions manually."

• GoChill
    GoChill Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem exactly as you described it. I also tried deactivating and reactivating but was unable to reactivate my Etrade accounts.

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@tjlee089 This usually happens—one party blames the other. I suspect it's Quicken.

• cdennett
    cdennett Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Me too. I'm just going to give it a day or two (or three) and see if it fixes itself. It could very well be that ETrade is doing some kind of maintenance. When I worked in IT support at a telecom, Friday night through Sunday evening would have been prime time to take systems down for maintenance, upgrades, etc.

• hotjava
    hotjava Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here. Quicken Classic Deluxe, R52.33, Build 27.1.52.33, Windows 11. I was getting the OL-295-A error, deactivated online services and when trying to reactivate Quicken just froze and I had to use task manager to kill it. After restarting Quicken and trying to active I cannot. It asks if I have two-factor authentication enabled for my E*Trade account and I answer no, then I get "Sorry, We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)".

• rockville1019
    Options

Same here. Able to log in to to the Etrade website without an issue.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

We are forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

-Quicken Anja

• Fenton1979
    Fenton1979 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Having the same issue although I got an email from Etrade this morning (11/11/23) that my access was disabled and to reset my password. I reset my password on the Etrade site then change it in Quicken and still unable to connect.

Anyone else get this email from etrade? I suspect they're updating their security protocols or perhaps had a breach??

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Yes, I got the same password reset request.

to me: It looks like they are blocking the connection from Quicken temporarily for maintenance.

"20231111 13:54:12: The application has been denied access to the server. Try again now, or wait and try later."

• Roger Kint
    Roger Kint Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I received the email as well. This is highly unorthodox and smells like a breach since they did not provide any real information as to why our passwords need to be reset. I suspect they are in the containment phase.

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Here we go again.

I know that MS acquired E-Trade. I know that MS reports holdings to 3 decimal places while E-Trade did 5, so I've adjusted all my holdings to get my Quicken account in sync.

But Quicken has been unable to connect to E-Trade for several days. I says, maybe they shut down E-Trade's connection and I need to use something else. So I deleted online access for my account and started to add it again. "Quicken E-Trade" is the only FI (that name dates back 20 years to when there was some long-forgotten tie of E-Trade to Intuit?). Well it's the only option so I select it. I enter my user name and password. Then it wants to know if I'm using 2FA. I don't think so, but if I click Yes, it wants a code from either an app or a hardware token, and I have neither. So I try again, and say No. Now I get the dreaded

Quicken is having trouble connecting to Quicken E*TRADE.

Sorry. We encountered an error. (It's not your fault.)

Anyone else having problems?

• blmatthews
    blmatthews Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Seeing the same problem, for the past few days (don't remember precisely when I last connected successfully, probably 3 or 4 days ago).

• Melman1
    Melman1 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was logged into E-Trade's website when I tried to connect from Quicken, and the website logged me out, saying that I was connecting from another device. So the link isn't totally down, but something in the login process must be broken. Usually that means a long rambling thread with amateur programmers trying to debug the problem or threatening to sue Quicken. In the end, you wait a few weeks and it just starts working again on its own.

So this is a request for Quicken to simply acknowledge that there's a problem.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I had the same thing happen starting on the 10th. Today I tried doing an account reset and quicken froze up on an empty prompt window. See the thread I posted about a half hour ago to see a screenshot of the empty prompt (if you're interested). It's probably related to whatever is happening here.

• Quicken Anja
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello All,

This issue has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates and information.

-Quicken Anja

• billr
    billr Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I never received any email from ETrade and am able to login as usual. Still get same error from Quicken.

• nightowl1962
    nightowl1962 Member ✭✭
    Options

Having the same issue with my Quicken last update success was 11/6/2023.

Was working fine before that (after the MS change with 9 digits)

Since then, error when trying to connect and if you try to reset account, gives you this message:

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

The password I had to change was not that complex.

My other account with a complex password did NOT ask me to change it so who knows why.

• dar322
    dar322 Member ✭✭
    Options

Etrade not working for me either

• Johnsat
    Johnsat Member
    Options

Experiencing the same problem today. Last time I logged in to Etrade through Quicken was 7 days ago I have had the Etrade account in Quicken for 10 years. I downloaded transactions with no problem 7 days ago.

I tried today most of the same things as you did with the same results.

• Fenton1979
    Fenton1979 Member ✭✭
    Options

I just received another email from ETRADE to reset my password. Second one today.

This discussion has been closed.