Portfolio Value Report Question (revised question 1/1/2024)

Options
Nick0131
Nick0131 Member ✭✭
edited February 17 in Investing (Windows)

Quicken Premier (Classic), Version R53.32, Build: 27.1.53.32

Have not run a Portfolio Value Report since Jul of this year. Ran the Portfolio Value Report this morning and found:

- closed, net zero balance options (years old in some cases) included in the view and reporting modes.

Help would be appreciated!

Answers

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have never seen an Inventory Valuation report in Quicken. Is that a saved report or a new report you have just created?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    Options

It is a standard report in investments.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

What "edition" are you running? (Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

Quicken doesn't have an "Inventory" report, because it doesn't support inventories, and you also mention investments/securities, which aren't "inventory". And there isn't a report that is called "valuation". Here are all the report types for investing (shown with new GUI, but types haven't changed).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    edited January 1
    Options

Chris and MS: Sorry for the confusion, ie "Inventory valuation" report. Should be Portfolio Value. Also, I have used option investments from time to time, which clouded the issue I was originally seeing. After sorting things out the problem is that some, but not all, closed options are getting picked-up. This is something that has not happened before. I revised my original question.

Thanks for your help!

Nick

• Nick0131
    Nick0131 Member ✭✭
    Options

Question answered: my problem is related to the problem several others have been chasing since Nov 20023. My original search yesterday used the wrong terminology and came up empty. However, using Portfolio Value I noted several open issues that I believe started after the Nov R53.16 release.

Thanks!

• Doctd
    Doctd Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having the same exact problem since that update. Closed out option transactions are being pulled up.

• Martin5502
    Martin5502 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have the issue with hundreds of closed options positions from many years back now showing on the Portfolio Value Report. I have been using Quicken for 25+ years and it just started occurring since the R53.32 update a few days ago. Please fix this.

This discussion has been closed.