OL-301-A - Caught exception in invoke() java.lang.NullPointerException

Options
Beijing Mac
Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭

trying to do update with Chevron Federal Credit Union and getting above error & message. Did search and found a recent (Aug 2023) similar issue with a different CU, but posting is closed and no explanation or guidance. Is this something from Quicken side or FI side?

Best Answer

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

using Quicken Business and Rental subscription so whatever supposedly is latest revision it has updated itself to.

The error message just appeared about 2-3 days ago.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your profile shows Q 2017, which is no longer supported for download … so what Q product are you actually running?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

using Quicken Business and Rental subscription so whatever supposedly is latest revision it has updated itself to.

The error message just appeared about 2-3 days ago.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers to be able to correct the problem.

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• gwwilliams3
    gwwilliams3 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have recently been having the same issue with downloads from Chevron Federal Credit Union (and getting the exact same error message) for the past week or so — and was wondering if anyone had managed to resolve it? I already tried the refresh procedure describe in the link above, and that did not fix it. I am using Quicken Classic Premier for Windows, and have been for quite awhile — but the downloads from Chevron Federal Credit Union (CFCU) were working just fine until recently. I guess I will call CFCU next to see if they can help in any way.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2
    Options

I am getting the same error starting in Nov 2023 with Chevron Federal Credit Union. I am using Windows Quicken Classic Premier. I have just reached out to CFCU for help.

At first, this problem started on every Friday (since Nov 2023) and the problem went away by Monday (i.e. no problem from Monday through Thursday). However, after the Jan 1, 2024, this problem doesn't go away anymore. As of today, Jan 2, 2024 Tuesday, I am still getting this same error message.

BTW, I don't have problem downloading from other institutions.

• Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

my issue last month did clear up but just reoccured yesterday again. I was just going to wait a few days to see if it would resolve itself. Last time I reached out to CFCU and they responded with a vague non-answer but it did resolve. Maybe if several reach out to them they will reboot their servers!

• erikfrye
    erikfrye Member
    Options

Same issue here, but it is working fine for me this morning. Did it resolve for anyone else?

• donhaley88
    donhaley88 Member
    Options

Have similar issue using Quicken Connect (for Mac) where CFCU transactions duplicate, or download to wrong account (checking vs savings) during December 2023. No problems with non-CFCU credit cards. Tried several times over past few days. Got as far as CFCU texting me new 6 digit codes, but after several minutes I get error messages such as "Sync Error (Aggregation in Progress)" and "Remote Update In Progress". Followed Quicken's online instructions to Deactivate/Reactivate all CFCU accounts, signed out / into Quicken. Still no luck. Have called CFCU help desk, opened case file. Wait time for Quicken Support over 40 minutes. Their ChatGPT function unhelpful.

• JoelAlbert
    JoelAlbert Member ✭✭
    Options

I reported the issue to the CFCU and I believe it is resolved (I was able to download on Jan 4th). Now I am getting a 16503 Error (and have reported that as well), hoping its a simple fix on the Credit Union side.

This discussion has been closed.