No downloaded transactions for Discover Card since middle of December 2023.

Options

Everything on transactions for Discover Card had been fine for years. Transactions from Discover Bank continue but not the Discover Card. This may have started after last update.

Comments

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes. I have the same issue and customer support has not been able to fix this. I have been calling about this since December 18. I am told it is raised to the next level of support. As usual, there is no further communication on cause or a timeline for getting a workaround or solution. We can't even manually import transactions from Discover since Quicken only allows its own format (.qfx or .qif) as opposed to the .xls or .csv files provided by Discover.

• Duckwing63
    Duckwing63 Member ✭✭
    Options

I finally fixed mine. I was tired of waiting, so I just did an uninstall and reinstall and it worked! All of my data came back automatically, but just to be sure and not take any chances, do a backup and/or take the main file and copy it to another directory (desktop) and replace it if there are any issues. If there are not issues, it is safe to delete.

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried that Duckwing63 (after a SuperValidate with no issues) and it did not fix the issue. My data is fine, but Discover is still not downloading transactions since 12/18 nor is Quicken reporting any errors.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Two suggestions. First in Account Details, Online tab for Discover Card account, use Reset Account. If that does not work, deactivate both Discover Card and Discover Bank from Online services. Close and re-open Quicken, then use Tools>Add Account to Link (NOT ADD) both your existing accounts to those found at Discover.

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    edited January 3
    Options

markus1957, I have spent about 6 hours with three different Quicken support people, repeatedly trying the suggestions you made and many, many, many more. It has taken that long, and many uploads, to convince Quicken that this is their issue and not user error or a reset/restart problem. So while I appreciate your willingness to help, this is not a simple user fix. Nor is this issue limited to this thread; I have many other bookmarked threads identifying the same issue, though Quicken support seems to close them rapidly after spouting some canned solutions.

• terrencewilson
    Options

I am having an issue with all banks, except Fidelity.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am not having any issues with Discover Card transaction downloads, or any other bank.

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

FWIW, I have Discover Card and it is working fine. I do not use Discover Bank.

It might be more tedious, but I would think you could set up the card account with the Discover Card FI and download until they get both the card and bank to work with one connection.

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    Options

Discover card only downs into .pdf, csv, and .xlt files, none of which are compatible with Quicken. The Discover Bank account is fine, only card transactions have a problem.

• dr.sulli
    dr.sulli Member ✭✭
    Options

Tried the above suggestions and nothing worked. Transactions from Discover Bank continues to work but not Discover Card.

This problem seems to have started after last update.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

For me it is only affecting my Discover it credit card transaction activity. My Discover Bank activity downloading is not affected. Discover Online Banking Support told me it is a known issue between Quicken and Discover Bank (discover.com). I was told they are working with Quicken to resolve the issue.

After updating my accounts in Quicken it does show an accurate "Online Balance" for the Discover credit card with no errors. As a work around for now If the "Online Balance" and "Ending Balance" do not match I go to discover.com and download the transaction activity to a .csv file. I can then copy the transactions into Quicken to match the "Online Balance" shown in Quicken. It is a bit cumbersome but it works. Takes me back to the days when not all accounts had One Step Update available.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

• jtcrawf55
    jtcrawf55 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Discover Bank had been working for both my MM bank account and Credit Card. Now, as of 12/27/23, just my MM account is updating. No trick in the book seems to get my Credit Card account to link to Discover.

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭
    Options

Discover it card transactions successfully downloaded into Quicken today. Interestingly the Discover it card billing period ended yesterday. Not sure that had anything to do with it but you never know. Just happy it appears to be working again, at least for now. Time will tell.

• PeterHoltan
    PeterHoltan Member ✭✭
    edited January 17
    Options

I'm having the same issue. I have a Discover savings account and two Discover credit cards. For both credit card accounts, Quicken hasn't download any transactions occurring after December 15th. I can't confirm that my savings account is working 100% because the only activity in that account is month end interest. But Quicken did successfully download my December 31 interest.

I also tried creating a new Quicken file and creating new accounts, choosing Discover Bank from the list. All three of my accounts were found, three new accounts were created, and transactions were downloaded. But still, there were no transactions after December 15th.

[Removed - Speculation]

• 1jwilkey
    1jwilkey Member
    Options

I have not been able to download since 12/5

I have tried all fixes suggested by Q experts.

I am not sure that they should be paid until this issue is fixed!

• 1jwilkey
    1jwilkey Member
    Options

Capital One, Chase, American Express also have issues.

These all need an online download of a QFX file for each account.

One step update for all is dysfunctional.

Curiously, Login to CHASE pops up for every other bank.

Lousy program now. that I have used since the early 90's

• trymph
    trymph Member ✭✭
    Options

Wooo Hoooo!! My Discover CC statement dates 12/18/2023-01/17/2024. I got all my transactions downloaded successfully. Seems the issue is resolved now. Will check next month of course. 🤑

So it seems, at least for me, Discover CC was missing transaction between the dates of 11/21/2023-12/04/2023. Does anyone have a good FREE app for converting *.CSV file to the Quicken format? It should be built into Quicken as their format is not as universal as most financial institutions; but we can dream.

Please reply with suggests for file format CSV——>Quicken file

Regards

Bruce

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    Options

The issue is not resolved for me. I just tried to do One Step Update for Discover Card. The process completes with no errors but no transactions were downloaded. Same since 12/18.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18
    Options

ImportQIF, which is free, will convert CSV files to QIF or QFX format you can get it at my website:

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Charlie Davies
    Charlie Davies Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I was able to resolve my download issue. It seems that my Discover CC was tied to Discover Bank. Here were my steps.

1. I disconnected the Discover Card from online services.
    2. I added a new account and chose Discover Card Account Center.
    3. Once it found the account, I was given the option to link it to the existing Discover Card register.
    4. All the transactions since December were downloaded.

All is well … for now.

Hope this helps.

• shawncohen
    shawncohen Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks, Charlie! This was one of the steps that Quicken tech support suggested, and we tried it multiple times, but it didn't work then. Today it worked! Clearly someone fixed something.

I do find it amusing (not) that today, over a month after I reported the issue, Quicken Customer Care emailed me the following:

"Thank you for reporting the issue with Discover Bank not downloading transactions. Our engineering team has found that the page that we land on to grab transactions for you is not working. We recommend that you contact your bank and ask someone in the "Online Banking" or "Tech" department why their server is omitting transactional information for Third Party Aggregators like Quicken. Once their servers have been fixed, Quicken should be able to update automatically. "

Thanks again

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Weird. I have 2 Discover It cards (different account #'s). And Discover Savings. They had been working since the last time things went haywire. I want to say on or around the 6th of January, the Discover It card transactions stopped downloading (no error, as per usual Quicken).

I deactivated all the accounts, and even cleared out the Banking info. Closed and exited Quicken. I do Tools → Add Account. I chose the one I HAD been using: Discover Card. It only finds ONE of the credit cards (the one I don't use very often).

So I tried the above to use the Discover Card Account Center.

Same thing. Only ONE card found.

I have no idea why.

• dr.sulli
    dr.sulli Member ✭✭
    Options

My discover card transactions still do not download since mid-December even after trying multiple suggested fixes.

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get the same issue with a brand new data file, so it's gotta be something on Quicken or Discover's end. Or Intuit's end, since Quicken uses Intuit servers for Discover (or so it tells me).

• kjbarclay14
    Options

My issue with Discover Card and Bank is that when I try to set up a new account, it tells me that Discover needs additional information and to enter a temporary code they have sent However I receive no code even though the phone number is accurate. Is this something on Discover's side? So frustrating! I've had no issue with this account for years!

• Demag
    Demag Member
    Options

I have experienced intermittent missing transactions all the way back to January of 2023 but most transactions were ok. Starting first of this year no transactions are downloading. Tried many of the recommended fixes after Discover telling me they are working on a solution. Found the suggestion to re-add the Discover CC account using the Discover Account Center instead of Discover Bank and the transactions downloaded successfully.

• kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭
    Options

I have gone through the re-add process using the Discover Account Center instead of Discover Bank a couple of times. Seemed to work for a short period of time. Today I still have missing transactions in my download. It is a real pain to log in to the credit card site and do a line by line comparison to what is in Quicken. Some of the problems are at Discover. A quick look at the transactions on the web site shows the running totals have math errors. Would be deeply appreciated if either Quicken or Discover took action to correct the situation. Sooner rather than later.

This discussion has been closed.