Open Quicken on MacOS WITHOUT opening data file

Options
mcphersonkent
mcphersonkent Member ✭✭✭

I know on Windows you can press and hold the CTRL key to open Quicken without opening the data file. What is the key for MacOS?

Tagged:

Answers

• Austin@
    Austin@ Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@mcphersonkent I think you hold down the Shift key while launching Quicken…I can't remember for sure though. I'll need to double check when I am at home.

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Yes, if you hold down the Shift key when launching Quicken it will ask whether you want to reopen the last file you had open. If you select Cancel it will start the process of creating a new Quicken data file.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 6
    Options

@Jon said: Yes, if you hold down the Shift key when launching Quicken it will ask whether you want to reopen the last file you had open. If you select Cancel it will start the process of creating a new Quicken data file.

… a new data file OR allowing you to open any other Quicken file than the last one you used. (Either click "Open Quicken File" on the Let's Get Started page, even though it looks like a greyed-out button, to navigate to the file you want to open, or use the File > Open Recent menu command to open another file.)

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.