credit balance showing incorrectly on online balance

Options
pamela77
pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I am using quicken 7.4.2 on a Mac using OS 14.1.2. One of my credit cards (Citi card) has a credit balance of $1456, but in the online balance in the upper right hand corner it shows as -1456 and in the sidebar it shows as a minus (red). The running balance in the register is correct and shows the black credit balance. Another card (delta) has a credit balance that shows the credit balance in the side bar correctly as a black positive number. I tried to go in and correct the online balance but it wanted to add live balance adjustment of 0, and it didn't change anything. Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 4 Answer ✓
    Options

I do think it's what Citi is transmitting (or is being scraped from Citi's website). You can use menu Help > Report a Problem (with logs and screenshot) to report this to Quicken, but you won't get any feedback. You can also call Quicken Support and show them live via screen share. I kinda doubt that Quicken can or would fix this, but maybe worth reporting.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s

Answers

• RickO
    Options

My guess is that the difference between the accounts is due to how the bank transmits the data when there's a credit balance. The Balance column in the account would be correct because it's not the online balance transmitted by the bank, but rather the running (today's) balance.

If you click the three dot (…) icon atop the sidebar, then Sidebar Settings, you can change from displaying Online Balance to Today's Balance, which should make it display correctly. You can make the same change for the register at the top right.

There's probably nothing that can be done about this since it's a function of how/what the bank transmits. Presumably running a credit balance on a card is not a frequent occurrence, so hopefully you can live with it until you're back to a debit balance.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Rick, you are right, a credit balance it not frequent😏. So the other card that correctly shows the credit balance is transmitting things differently then? It's just Citicard that has the problem. I thought maybe there was a way to get quicken to see it correctly but if it's on the other end then it's not an error that I am making.

Thank you!

• RickO
    edited January 4 Answer ✓
    Options

I do think it's what Citi is transmitting (or is being scraped from Citi's website). You can use menu Help > Report a Problem (with logs and screenshot) to report this to Quicken, but you won't get any feedback. You can also call Quicken Support and show them live via screen share. I kinda doubt that Quicken can or would fix this, but maybe worth reporting.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you RickO, I guess I'll just live with it since it is an uncommon event. I think Quicken has more important things to fix. Thank you very much for your help.

This discussion has been closed.