Cancel Scheduled Updates

Options

This discussion was closed without solving the issue. Is there a solution? I have tried every suggestion on the post but nothing works. I am a user since Quicken first came out (Intuit 80's) and as far as I know this has always been an issue. Quicken will NOT allow all check boxes to be unchecked, nor will it allow a "none" on the time. So if there is a solution please tell me if not where can I send a message to ask Quicken to look in to this issue.

Comments

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SandyLY I may not fully understand your question but i) if you deactivate your accounts then they cannot / will not update and ii) if you connect with Web Connect rather than Express Web Connect then, again, they should not update.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@JoelC The "schedule update" to run Quicken in the background at a certain time to do a One Setup Update so that later when the user comes into Quicken the downloading of transactions has already been done. Tools → Schedule Updates.

@SandyLY Other than agreeing with you that this has always been a problem I don't have any good solution. Maybe the best bet is contacting Quicken Support. You can also report the problem with Help → Report a Problem.

https://www.quicken.com/support#windows

Just so you know, but whatever reason, I can select/deselect all the check boxes and it will not complain when I close the dialog with OK. I definitely have seen the problem you described years ago, and still have seen reports of this problem by others, but when it is happening, I haven't seen any good solution.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW I confirm that there is a schedule but when the schedule does not work is when my approach woudl come into play. I hope this helps.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you are unable to deselect all options from Schedule Updates, the next best option is to use Windows Startup Apps and turn off the Quicken Background Agent.

This is a view of Windows 11. If you are using Windows 10 there is a similar setting.

• JoelC
    JoelC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@GeoffG , excellent idea! I wish I would have thought of that!

This discussion has been closed.