Venmo - CC-503 (QWIN)

Options
13»

Answers

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

As Mentioned, I've been "good" consistently since early December every day. It will be interesting to see what happens the first week of January when typically these good connections in the past have only worked towards the end of the month. But I'm hopeful.

• RT_McGlew
    RT_McGlew Member ✭✭
    Options

Add me to the list of people who keep getting the CC-503 error. I got this error for months and throughout many tries during the month of December including Dec. 30. Based on the recommendation that the Venmo download is likely to work on the last day of the month, I tried today (Dec. 31). Sure enough, after months of getting the CC-503 error, it successfully downloaded the past two years of data. I'm guessing that if I try on 1/1, I'll be back to the same CC-503 error. Seems like a crazy workaround, but I'll look to download on the last day until this is addressed. I'm not sure why this download would only work one day a month.

• RT_McGlew
    RT_McGlew Member ✭✭
    Options

January 1st and back to getting CC-503 error. Downloading on the last day of the month is the workaround. Guessing this is a Venmo issue and not Quicken's fault as Venmo is the only account where this is an issue.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I just don't get it. For about a month, I have had no problem in having Venmo transactions downloaded daily, including one where I made a payment yesterday {1/1) morning and downloaded it via Quicken OSU in the afternoon.

• Eli Sherer
    Eli Sherer Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Kinda back and forth… One day it works, then the next two weeks not.

• hbwilliams22
    hbwilliams22 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same issue. Been persisting all of 2024.

Quicken for Mac
  • gptmegan
    gptmegan Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

Interesting development on my side: i created another file with only the venmo account. My original file had a credit card and a checking account in it as well. Anyway, updating great now that it is the only account in a file. Worth a try. Let me know!

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    Options

I have only had one account in my 'Venmo' world, just the standard payment app available via my cell phone. That might be a reason mine's been working fine for 5 weeks or so. Wonder if the others in this thread are in the same boat you were with a CC as well?

• EM Athletics
    Options

My Venmo downloads into Quicken Classic (Windows) haven't worked for months. I tried resetting the connection today and am now getting the CC-503 error. The credentials are correct and work both on the mobile Venmo app and via the browser at venmo.com.

Quicken: we pay a fee to use your app. Your support for something as common as Venmo should be better than what we've been experiencing since September of last year.

• gptmegan
    gptmegan Member, Windows Beta Beta
    Options

try setting up a new file and just having Venmo in it. That has solved my problem. I was always getting that cc-503 error until i moved it to a standalone file. Not ideal, but that's the only way i have gotten to work flawlessly

• jordan.jacob
    jordan.jacob Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I started getting the CC-503 error from Venmo. I wasn't having an issue until I logged into the Quicken Classic mobile app earlier today. I can't get it reconnected.

Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 18 years of experience.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

So here's the deal. I had a problem on both my PC and Android logging into Venmo this past week as well as my formally good Quicken access. Kept getting on both a popup on the PC and Android saying I had an 'OAuth2' error. It turns out that this is a well-known issue at Venmo, and you have to call their tech support at (this came off of a forum I subscribe to:) "855-812-4430,,,,,,,,,,3,,2,,9,,1,,[last 4 of the bank account or debit card on file],,1. You'll then tell the agent you need the manual reset on your account for the "OAuth2" bug, on hold, reset password, verify amount of last transaction, hold, and then sign in with new password."

I had to go through a slew of validations, but the fellow eventually did some magic on his end, and sent me a reset password email (which I had tried to do earlier too) but he did, as I said, something on his end first. So voila! Got into both my PC and Android phone Venmo account. Using now that SAME password, I reconnected it to Quicken and that works too.

I think the issue w/Quicken is you can't see that 'OAuth2' popup because Quicken is intercepting the error and is returning to us as that CC-503 instead.

I think this problem is with the OAuth2 facility that maintains awareness of the platform/browser being used to validate credentials, and if you change anything it will fail and there's nothing we can do on our end other than calling Venmo as I mentioned and going through the hassle I just did. But it worked!

I hope this helps.

• AndrewQ
    AndrewQ Member ✭✭
    edited February 6
    Options

(Wrong forum)