Having issue with American Express Platinum Card being setup as checking vs Credit Card

Options

Up until recently, I had no issues with my AMEX setup in Quicken. I have the latest version of Quicken Premier and have been using Quicken for over 15 years. Recently had to add my AMEX card again and instead of recognizing it as a Credit Card, Quicken recognizes the account as a Checking account. How do I change it to reflect the proper account type?

Best Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a small handful of posts in here with the same problem being reported. Unfortunately most of those posts seemed to just peter out with no stated resolution, except for the last post in this thread where the OP found the source of the problem:

Any chance something like this is a play in your case?

• alamoureau
    alamoureau Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond Tom and thank you Tony for providing your solution. That solved my problem!

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I found a small handful of posts in here with the same problem being reported. Unfortunately most of those posts seemed to just peter out with no stated resolution, except for the last post in this thread where the OP found the source of the problem:

Any chance something like this is a play in your case?

• alamoureau
    alamoureau Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you so very much for taking the time to respond Tom and thank you Tony for providing your solution. That solved my problem!

This discussion has been closed.