Why are Schwab CDs not handled correctly when downloaded into Quicken Deluxe?

Options
fbaiv
fbaiv Member
edited March 2 in Investing (Windows)

I purchase CDs in my retirement and investment accounts in Schwab and Quicken has never handled them correctly — decades of failure. I have to manually fudge the sale each time one matures and I still get fake income.

I love the budgeting and lifetime planner, but I am about done with the software due to this nagging problem. I do not want a work around, I want this common and simple transaction type to be handled correctly. If you want to keep jacking up the cost, do not offer new "features" until you do the basics correctly.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 30
    Options

Are you a Windows user who has incorrectly posted in the Mac forum, or a Mac user who has incorrectly identified themselves as a Windows user in their profile?

Oh, you mentioned the lifetime planner, so Windows user it is.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Purely out of interest, as I've never bought a CD through Schwab, can you give us a brief sketch of what the problem or problems look like? Especially that "fake income" aspect?

Looking at the Schwab site for CDs today I do notice that all the CDs offered are shown as "New Issue" selling at a price of "100" so I wouldn't think the accounting for a purchase and a "sale" (maturity) would be at all difficult beyond, maybe, (since I don't know exactly the actual mechanics of the purchase and sale) some element of accrued interest paid at the purchase.

In the past I have looked at CDs offered by Schwab and noted prices weren't typically at "100", e.g., 97.8, and that can make life more difficult, for sure.

This discussion has been closed.