button. This just started happening. Any way to bypass the
Settings window?

Windows 11

Quicken Premier R54.36 Build 27.1.54.16

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

While in the OSU Settings panel, are you required to enter a bank password for one or more banks?
    Or make any other selections before you can click "Apply", then "Update Now"?

• Dr J G
    Dr J G Member ✭✭
    Options

No, everything was working fine. Should I try to update each bank or broker individually before going to one step update ? I use the one step update password for the vault, but then I get the settings page every time. I've never had this problem before. I click on apply, but that never helps. I get the same settings screen if I update again.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, please do the following actions:

1. Even if you are on the latest software level already, download and install the latest Manual Patch file from https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product to ensure your Quicken software is up to date and correctly installed.
    2. Reboot Windows.
    3. Start Quicken. Do not run One Step Update.
    4. Run BOTH Validate and Supervalidate to attempt to repair your Quicken data file.
    5. If nothing helps, try to restore your Quicken data file from an Automatic or Manual backup taken just prior to the problems first occurring. https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Validate and Supervalidate instructions
    First save a backup file prior to performing these steps
    Validate: 
    • Click File
    • Select Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Validate File
    • If the data file contains investment accounts also select "Rebuild investing lots".
    • If you suspect that a damaged Quotes Price History causes your problems, also select "Correct investing price history" functions "Delete" or "Repair and Rebuild".
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Super Validate:
    • Click File
    • Press and hold both CTRL and Shift keys while you click Validate and Repair File...
    • Select Supervalidate File
    • Click OK
    • Review the Data Log. Anything interesting in there, worthwhile posting here?
    • Close Quicken (leave it closed for about 30 secs)
    • Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

• MHSwizzleStick
    MHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This happened to me about a year ago. Restoring a backup datafile from several days earlier fixed the problem.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This just happened to me. I went back to a copy of my data file from a few days ago, and it didn't happen.

But for various reasons (mostly just testing things on here) I needed to deactivate/reactive all my accounts, and it came back after that.

So, I went through a long process of pinning down when it started happening again and found that when I activated the first Express Web Connect account it started doing this again.

I was about to just stop updating those accounts since they have very low activity in them or just put up with the settings windows coming back, but one more thing popup into my head. For while now we haven't had to store these usernames/passwords in the Password Vault for the update to work. So, I have been "spotty" about selecting to store them there, and in the last go round didn't store them there.

I then decided to try it with the password stored in the Password Vault and sure enough the problem didn't come back. Note I didn't try where it was already happening and then just store the password, I was doing this from a deactivated account. Don't know if it would make a difference, and don't know if this will actually help anyone else, but I thought I would post it in the hopes that it will help someone else.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.