Paychecks are entering automatically, with wrong amounts

Options

The last 2 paychecks have entered automatically, but I do not have them set up for that. When they are entered into the register it shows up as a split deposit instead of a paycheck.

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Your use of the passive voice here suggests that you're using downloads to put transactions into your checking Account instead of using Reminders or manual entries. You might want to check your Memorized Payee List to see if that's where Quicken is getting that split entry, i.e., matching the name of the employer in the download to something that got entered into the Memorized Payee List, maybe by mistake.

• JasonR
    JasonR Member
    Options

I have had my paycheck set up in the Bills & Income module for over 10 years. Just the last 2 pay checks. (1/12/24 and 1/26/24) have been automatically entered over a week early when I perform an Update Accounts. Additionally it is entered as a split instead of as a paycheck in the catagory field. I am using version R53.32.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Options

Please verify that your Paycheck Scheduled Reminder is set to "Remind me [xx] days before" instead of "Automatically enter [xx] days before" and that "[xx]" is a number greater than 0(zero).
    To do so, locate the paycheck reminders in Tools / Manage Bill and Income Reminders, select to Edit this and all future instances and review.

You might want to try creating a new Paycheck Reminder using a different Payee Name and letting it run in parallel for a couple of pay periods. If that behaves properly, delete the original reminder and rename the new one back to the original name.

• VinSomething
    VinSomething Member ✭✭
    Options

I can confirm the same behavior with paychecks auto-entering. I have mine set up for reminding me 3 days in advanced (and just confirmed). I'm on R54.9. I sent a problem report within the application as well.

• JasonR
    JasonR Member
    Options

Please let me know if you hear soemthing. I am thinking I will just delete the paycheck and start again.

• mhack
    mhack Member
    Options

I would appreciate guidance on this issue. I have a paycheck set up for "Remind [X] days before," but several days PRIOR to that, Quicken creates an entry automatically based on old (and no longer accurate) information. I have to manually delete that entry and then enter the correct one every time. There is no corresponding entry in Reminders to edit or delete.

I'm on R54.16, but this issue has persisted through several updates.

• BDOSullivan
    Options

I can confirm the same issue. Paycheck reminders that have been working for years now edit in the bill reminders as split transactions instead of paycheck reminder. It shows the proper net amount in the reminder window, but when clicking to enter the reminder in my register, it shows up as a paycheck entry with the prior amounts and I have to change the amounts to the correct numbers.

• rodney23
    rodney23 Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. The Paycheck reminder is showing with an incorrect net value in the Income & Transfers tab. If I hit Edit and hit 'Done' without touching anything is shows correctly. However, I'm also seeing it auto-enter with only 1 of the split lines instead of as a paycheck. I do have it set remind me 3 days in advance (not auto-enter) but it will still auto-enter.

When I got to sync my account(s) via one-step update, the Income & Transfers tab gets screwed up again.

Similar to others, I have had my paycheck set-up in Quicken for YEARS. This only started happening in January. Something with a recent update HAD to have caused this issue across multiple people. @Quicken, please FIX this and/or start looking into it.

This discussion has been closed.