Why does a transaction list not include cash transactions?

Options
Triumph
Triumph Member ✭✭
edited March 17 in Investing (Windows)

Using Deluxe version R40.28 I have several investment accounts two of which have cash accounts.

One of these shows a transaction list without any cash transaction options the other shows cash transactions. I think this has been the situation from day one but have not required to use the feature. Is this a set up problem?

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the Quicken Account -
    and see if it is setup for the CASH going into a virtual Linked Checking Account -
    listed as another Quicken Account

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Probably the account that does not allow cash transactions is set as a "Single Mutual Fund" account. Some brokers and mutual fund companies require each security to be in its own account, but if this is not a requirement for you, you can click on the gear at the top right of the account, select Edit Account Details, and set Single Mutual Fund to No.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Edit the Quicken Account -
    and see if it is setup for the CASH going into a virtual Linked Checking Account -
    listed as another Quicken Account

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Triumph
    Triumph Member ✭✭
    Options

The two answers received, solved my problem between them. First by going to the gear and selecting account details and secondly by editing the the account details, where my problem was that I was showing cash in a checking account. Changing this to 'NO' reset the cash to the investment account and allowed me to see the cash transactions!

Thanks to both!😀

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 17
    Options

you would still see the cash transaction in the Quicken Linked Account -
    and in fact it might be easier to review, since it would appear just like a checking account with "deposits" -

Our Schwab brokerage account has this - there is the Quicken Brokerage acct down in Investments,
    and a "virtual" Schwab cash acc up in the Bank section - there is no real "cash acct" - Quicken just creates this for special transactions.
    This is where the cash comes from for a BUY or any FEES, and cash is deposited for a SELL or any DIVS -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.