Why is my Current Budget Year to Date Report amounts different than my actual budget amounts?

Options
Kathryn See
Kathryn See Member ✭✭
edited April 16 in Reports (Windows)

I've been on Quicken consistently since 2022. Only recently did I revisit the reporting capability. When I run the Current Budget Report - Year to Date, the January Income and all Expense categories and amounts are correct. However, the February amounts (both budget and actual) are incorrect. I rechecked the accounts I use to budget (checking account and Capitol One), and don't know where else to look.

I use Quicken Deluxe on Windows 10. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tagged:

Best Answer

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the budget report is run for a partial month it allocates that much of the monthly budget. So if you run it halfway through the month all of the budget numbers will be cut in half and compared to the actual numbers to that point.

Answers

• bmciance
    bmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If the budget report is run for a partial month it allocates that much of the monthly budget. So if you run it halfway through the month all of the budget numbers will be cut in half and compared to the actual numbers to that point.

• Kathryn See
    Kathryn See Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you bmciance! My budget for February is almost complete…I've got $38 left in the month for all my budgeted categories. Will run it again at the end of the month. You look to be absolutely correct!

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You also set the ending date to be the end of the month And then it won't be prorated.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Kathryn See
    Kathryn See Member ✭✭
    edited February 24
    Options

Thank you Chris! I tried that and it worked!

• linlin15
    linlin15 Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I have the above question except now it is March and February amts did not post. January amounts are correct. Would appreciate your input.

This discussion has been closed.