Unable to connect to Everbank

Options

This issue was escalated, however, I"ve heard nothing back for over a week now.

How long do problems like this take to get fixed?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15 Answer ✓
    Options

If you were able to connect via OSU or Update Now a week ago but cannot now, then it seems pretty clear to me what is causing your issue: Everbank dropped support for downloading via Direct Connect and/or Express Web Connect. The only way you can now import data from them is to use the Web Connect process….see the last paragraph in my last post.

Either that or the FIDIR listing got changed when it was not supposed to. In this case, Quicken and Everbank need to contact Intuit (the aggregator) to get the listing corrected to add Direct Connect or Express Web Connect back to it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

When there are mergers/acquisitions of financial institutions it is quite common that there usually are or will be changes made regarding their support for Quicken and/or how we can download into Quicken. It seems that perhaps this might be what is occurring now with Everbank and TIAA.

Often the financial institutions will notify their customers of the changes or make a general announcement about it on their website but the only thing I found on the Internet about it is a rather vague announcement of what is changing with Everbank: https://www.everbank.com/next-chapter/online-experience . The only thing it says about Quicken is a brief statement that "If you use any third-party budgeting tools or external aggregators like QuickBooks® or Quicken®,1 you will need to re-establish the connection to your account."

The only thing I found about TIAA is that TIAA Bank is now doing business as Everbank and that TIAA's financial management and trust businesses are now separate entities. (At least, that's how I understood the rather cryptic information I found on the Internet.)

I think it would be a good idea to contact Everbank (and TIAA?) and ask them about what they are doing regarding support for downloading into Quicken and what you might need to do. It's pretty apparent that something has changed and perhaps they can let you know what is happening. If the 1st tier Customer Support does not know or cannot answer that (a VERY common occurrence with regard to Quicken), ask to speak with someone in their tech support team who is involved with downloading.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 14
    Options

Do you have a trouble ticket? If so, you should contact Quicken Support and ask them because this is a users forum and we won't have any insights on the specifics of that or any trouble ticket.: https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support .

I also did a search in Community for "Everbank" and have found no posts about Everbank (other than this one) in the last 6 months so it would be helpful to understand what the issue is that you are experiencing.

How long do problems like this take to get fixed?

It all depends on the cause of the issue. It can take anywhere from less than a day to months. I have one connection issue (Kohl's credit card) that I have not been able to connect with since July 2023 because Kohl's made changes to their server that do not support Quicken and they haven't corrected that, yet. But that is a pretty extreme example. Weeks to fix a problem, though, is not uncommon, especially when the issue is caused by something not on Quicken's own servers but at the financial institution or at Intuit (the aggregator).

But I did notice that the FIDIR list (Financial Institutions list) shows that Everbank supports only the Web Connect method and only for Banking (checking, savings) and Credit (credit cards, loans). It does not support downloading into Quicken via OSU or Update Now.:

70459 70459 70459 EverBank Consumer https://www.everbank.com 888-882-3837 https://register.everbank.com/onlineEnrollment ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

Web Connect requires that you log into your online account at Everbank and then manually download and import transactions in a .QFX formatted file (also, sometimes called "Quicken" or "Web Connect" format by some financial institutions). Is this how you are trying to connect? If so, what happens when you try to import the downloaded .QFX file?

• chall3809
    chall3809 Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply! I never did get a support ticket - will check back with them tomorrow.

I used to connect just fine (a week ago), then something changed.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited April 15 Answer ✓
    Options

If you were able to connect via OSU or Update Now a week ago but cannot now, then it seems pretty clear to me what is causing your issue: Everbank dropped support for downloading via Direct Connect and/or Express Web Connect. The only way you can now import data from them is to use the Web Connect process….see the last paragraph in my last post.

Either that or the FIDIR listing got changed when it was not supposed to. In this case, Quicken and Everbank need to contact Intuit (the aggregator) to get the listing corrected to add Direct Connect or Express Web Connect back to it.

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Please note that EverBank and TIAA Bank are one and the same. Quicken says its not a problem at my desktop…

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

When there are mergers/acquisitions of financial institutions it is quite common that there usually are or will be changes made regarding their support for Quicken and/or how we can download into Quicken. It seems that perhaps this might be what is occurring now with Everbank and TIAA.

Often the financial institutions will notify their customers of the changes or make a general announcement about it on their website but the only thing I found on the Internet about it is a rather vague announcement of what is changing with Everbank: https://www.everbank.com/next-chapter/online-experience . The only thing it says about Quicken is a brief statement that "If you use any third-party budgeting tools or external aggregators like QuickBooks® or Quicken®,1 you will need to re-establish the connection to your account."

The only thing I found about TIAA is that TIAA Bank is now doing business as Everbank and that TIAA's financial management and trust businesses are now separate entities. (At least, that's how I understood the rather cryptic information I found on the Internet.)

I think it would be a good idea to contact Everbank (and TIAA?) and ask them about what they are doing regarding support for downloading into Quicken and what you might need to do. It's pretty apparent that something has changed and perhaps they can let you know what is happening. If the 1st tier Customer Support does not know or cannot answer that (a VERY common occurrence with regard to Quicken), ask to speak with someone in their tech support team who is involved with downloading.

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still getting a CC-502 - Bank server not connecting. Quicken please get this resolved. Thanks.