Uncleared transactions and ending balances

Options

Is there a way to have uncleared transactions to not be calculated in the Ending Balance? I have entered my various quarterly tax payments for the next year so my ending balance is always negative.

I use Quicken for Window Premier Version R55.26

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17 Answer ✓
    Options

There are a few of things you can do.

• In the account register, look at the Current Balance rather than the Ending Balance. This will include uncleared transactions for today and earlier but not future transactions. If the account is set up for downloading, look at the Online Balance. This should only include cleared transactions.
    • Rather than entering transactions a long time in advance, set up Reminders for them. You can choose whether to have the Reminders show in the register, and you can go to Bills & Income > Projected balances to see your balances including the Reminders up to 12 months in advance. I have Reminders set up for all my regularly scheduled bills, income, and transfers, and find them very useful. Reminders also feed the Tax Planner and with some adjustments, help it to provide an accurate picture of my projected taxes.
    • In the Account Bar, usually on the left side of your screen, you can click on the gear at the top right of the bar and select whether it shows the current or the ending balance.

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 17 Answer ✓
    Options

There are a few of things you can do.

• In the account register, look at the Current Balance rather than the Ending Balance. This will include uncleared transactions for today and earlier but not future transactions. If the account is set up for downloading, look at the Online Balance. This should only include cleared transactions.
    • Rather than entering transactions a long time in advance, set up Reminders for them. You can choose whether to have the Reminders show in the register, and you can go to Bills & Income > Projected balances to see your balances including the Reminders up to 12 months in advance. I have Reminders set up for all my regularly scheduled bills, income, and transfers, and find them very useful. Reminders also feed the Tax Planner and with some adjustments, help it to provide an accurate picture of my projected taxes.
    • In the Account Bar, usually on the left side of your screen, you can click on the gear at the top right of the bar and select whether it shows the current or the ending balance.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Rod Christmas
    Rod Christmas Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jim this was super helpful.