When just clicking to download transactions, asks for password to log into Quicken site

Options

Annoying new behavior when just selecting to download. I don't want to access Quicken, just my downloads.

Quicken User since the DOS days...

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited April 28
    Options

@lablover57 You need to provide more informatiuon about your setup and exactly what you're seeing. I can launch Quicken to open my data file, click to Update All Accounts, and Quicken proceeds to connect and download with no further interaction from me — just as it always has.

I can't imagine why it would want you to log into Quicken, unless perhaps your file is logged out. In the Quicken menu, about halfway down, does it show "Sign Out" (meaning you're logged in) or "Sign In" (meaning you're logged out? But even if logged out, once you log in, it should remain that way for a long time (around a year, I think) unless you log out manually.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

today - when I did my OSU - Quicken did prompt me to "login" -
    as in provide my Quicken email UserID and Password -
    then it went to OSU -

Quicken will do this randomly to check that your ID/password are still good - not really to log into the Quicken website -

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 29
    Options

Just like @Ps56k2 did. i bypassed the password. I thought I was able to download, but then I saw the orange bar.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@lablover57 So can you clarify if this just happened one time and then things were back to normal? Your original post made it sound like it does this on an ongoing basis each time you try to download.

If it was just a one-time thing, then it's exactly as @Ps56k2 said. We each log into Quicken, which creates some form of long-term token is passes back to our local computer. Every once in a while, this token expires and needs to be renewed. My memory is that the token life is somewhere around a year, so we'd expect to see this happening at approximately that interval. It's nothing new; this has been in place since the advent of subscriptions about 6 years ago.

If you're having this recur repeatedly, then something isn't right.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • lablover57
    lablover57 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I never had to do this. I had to reset the password just now. Now able to successfully download.